Need driver for hp multimedia wireless keyboard and mouse for windows 10 pro 64-bit OS

Product Name: HP Pavilion Slimline s3760in Desktop PC
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Need drivers for my hp multimedia wireless keyboard and mouse for windows 10 pro 64-bit and also for 32-bit.

Model no for wireless keyboard is 5189URF, hp p/n - 5188-6816

and

model no for wireless mouse is 5189URF, hp p/n - 5188-6926

HP Pavilion Slimline s3760in Desktop PC Product Specifications -- In product specifications you can notice that my OS was shipped with Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center (32-bit) with Vista Service Pack 1.

Device Manager --> Keyboard --> HID Keyboard Device

Hardware Ids

HID\VID_03F0&PID_0F0C&REV_0130&MI_00
HID\VID_03F0&PID_0F0C&MI_00
HID\VID_03F0&UP:0001_U:0006
HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_KEYBOARD
HID_DEVICE_UP:0001_U:0006
HID_DEVICE

Compatible Id

(Is blank)

Original driver like Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver, Original NVIDIA Graphics Driver, etc is available to download for 32-bit and 64-bit version for Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Keyboard is working fine but without Multimedia Keyboard keys . I want Multimedia Keyboard keys to work in Windows 10 as well. Therefore try to install these drivers in Admin mode as well as Compatibility mode it throws as error of 9998 "Your system does not meet the operating system requirements. Update has been cancelled. (9998)"

Need help how to install these drivers which has different operating system?

Shall i install these original drivers from hp or from manufacturer for eg... install nvidia driver from hp or from nvidia website?

Tried to get help from hp support forum but no proper help yet regarding drivers for windows 10. Even tired with hp support assistant but no use at end of the day.

Bye,

Siva

|

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Siva,

I do appreciate your efforts and time.

You can download either from HP or from Nvidia website.

Try to run Hardware Troubleshooter. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your computer was installed correctly.

a. Press Windows Logo Key+X then click on Search screen.

b. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes and click on Troubleshooting.

c. In the new window, click View all on the left pane.

d. In the list of options, click on Hardware and devices.

e. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

How to uninstall and re-install the drivers.

1. Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On Device Manager.
  2. Then find the driver that you are trying to uninstall and right-click on it to Uninstall.
  3. Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
  4. To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-slimline-s3700-desktop-pc-series/3824206/drivers?sp4ts.oid=3824206

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

i had downloaded the files from hp when try to install sp44447.exe (Original HP Multimedia Keyboard Driver) from windows 7 os then Error 9998 displays.

I tried in Admin mode as well as Compatibility mode but it throws an error "Your system does not meet the operating system requirements. Update has been cancelled. (9998)"

Wanted to know how to bypass this route and install sp44447.exe  in windows 10 64-bit?

Programming is like ****, One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of you life.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Siva,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue installing multimedia keyboard drivers on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties

2. Select Compatibility Tab

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

4. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer to the link given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

Note: It will find compatibility information and get Windows compatible device drivers, app updates, and downloads.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Siva,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue installing multimedia keyboard drivers on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to try installing the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps. Please refer to the following Microsoft help article given below and check if that helps.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows, please follow the steps in the link provided below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Note: Most programs created for earlier versions of Windows will work in this version of Windows, but some older programs might run poorly or not at all. You can run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on most programs to detect and fix common compatibility problems.

Important: Don’t run the Program Compatibility Troubleshooter on antivirus programs, firewall software, backup software, disk utilities, or on system programs that came with Windows. This might cause data loss or create a security risk.

You may also try the following steps and check if that help.

To install the drivers in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties

2. Select Compatibility Tab

3. Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list

4. Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.

You may also refer to the link given below.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

Note: It will find compatibility information and get Windows compatible device drivers, app updates, and downloads.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Even tried with compatibility modes but problem dint solved.
Programming is like ****, One mistake and you have to support it for the rest of you life.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Siva,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.  
I can understand, how frustrating it can be, when things don’t work as expected.  
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you, for the late response. 

I'd be glad to help you.

Please answer the query, mentioned below:

• How do you connect your wireless keyboard and mouse?  (Bluetooth or Wi-Fi)

If you connect your wireless keyboard and mouse via Wi-Fi mode, please refer to the link, mentioned below:

Please, try to refer to the article, created by RajithR, replied on August 1, 2015, to fix your issue with Wi-Fi.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/after-upgrading-from-windows-81-to-windows-10-no/42b1852e-4faa-47a2-85ca-dc8e190c7c27?tm=1438386871715

If you connect your wireless keyboard and mouse via Bluetooth mode, please try to refer to the link, mentioned below, to fix your issue with Bluetooth:

Try to refer to the article, created by RajithR, replied on August 29, 2015, to fix your issue with Bluetooth.

My Bluetooth cannot be enabled or is missing.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-bluetooth-cannot-be-enabled-or-is-missing/1bf0a557-35e3-4910-889d-9f35d0b40a37?tm=1440804606250

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My keyboard and mouse is connected via dongle. wireless keyboard and wireless mouse is working fine but multimedia keys are not working. Therefore i posted this query. I need help in multimedia keys like internet, search, dvd open, etc.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

If you are facing issue with keyboard then try to use OSK (On Screen Keyboard) and see if it helps.

I would suggest you to use OSK (On Screen Keyboard) for using Windows key and see the difference. For using OSK (On Screen Keyboard) you may refer to the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Use the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) to type.

If issue persist you can also try to disable and enable the onscreen keyboard and check if it works fine or not. To do so follow steps:

1. Press the Win + U keys together to launch the Ease of Access Center.
  2. Then click on "Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard" (most probably the 3rd option in the list).
  3. Then on next page uncheck the box which says "Use On-Screen Keyboard".
  4. Click on Apply and then hit OK.
  5. Restart the computer.
  6. After restarting the computer Check the box which says "Use On-Screen Keyboard" and then try to use OSK and see the difference.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,     

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i dont want On screen keyboard.

i need to know how to install wireless keyboard from hp because when try to install then i get error of 9998

Keyboard is working fine but without Multimedia Keyboard keys . I want HP Multimedia Keyboard keys to work in Windows 10 as well. Therefore try to install these drivers in Admin mode as well as Compatibility mode it throws as error of 9998 "Your system does not meet the operating system requirements. Update has been cancelled. (9998)"

My keyboard and mouse is connected via dongle. wireless keyboard and wireless mouse is working fine but multimedia keys are not working. Therefore i posted this query. I need help in multimedia keys like internet, search, dvd open, etc.

Need help how to install these drivers which has different operating system?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Siva!

Did you solve your problem with your multimedia keyboard keys?, i had exactly the same problem (keyboard is ok, but the multimedia keys are not working, and error 9998 with instalation drivers), and i fix it last night! (feb 25/2016).

Finally all my keyboard keys are fully functionally: internet, help, mail, search, club +HP, eject 1, eject 2, play, pause, stop, back, forward, and the other ones that were ok before: sleep, volumen up/down and mute.

If you dont have solved this problem, i think this will can help you, and someone else who needs this too:

a. Open your sp44447.exe file with winrar and extract it into a new folder. Download it from here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL30853/pv-76469-1/sp44447.exe

b. There is a folder named src, enter there. For install.exe file in this folder, follow this steps like Jayan Gupta (up) said:

1.    Right click and select Properties

2.    Select Compatibility Tab

Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select Windows 7.

c. Run it as administrator, this will install :

1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64). It takes only 4.75MB of your hard drive.

2. Multimedia Keyboard program

3. New Hewlett-Packard folder on « Program Files (x86)» folder

4.New HP folder in C:\

d. In Hewlett-Packard folder, go to KBD subfolder an change the compatibilty mode to Windows 7 to this files : kbd.exe, KbdStub.exe, KbdUtil.exe

e. Now you can upgrade the drivers : right click on start menu, then Device Manager, select keyboard, then select upgrade driver and selecting the new folder installed with the windows 7 drivers.

Now you have installed the drivers, but, this drivers are older than native windows 10 drivers, so you must now select it manually:

Click on Controller tab again, and select upgrade driver, then choose controlers on the list :

Select the w7 driver installed, and then next:

now you can see this:

Now you must undo de upgrade driver for this two only:

All you need is right clik, properties, diver/controller tab and upgrade back selecting this option:

click on next, remember do this for two devices list, then restart your computer and check your keyboard keys, that Works for me: for example when i press de search button, it opens de bing web page, and down in the left corner on the screen you can see:

Note: In my pc, the changes took about 5 minutes after restart to have functionally multimedia keys.

This is in general the proccedure that i did, try it.

I have:

Windows 10 pro 64-bits

Model number for wireless keyboard is 5189URF, hp p/n - 5188-7582, and wireless mouse p/n - 5188-6926

HP Pavilion Slimline PC s3340la. My OS was shipped with Windows Vista Home Premium with Windows Media Center (32-bit).

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience and resolution on Microsoft Community. We really appreciate your efforts and time which you spent on resolving the issue. This information shared by you will benefit other community members to solve their similar issues.

In addition to that, you are always welcome to post your queries/findings/feedback on Microsoft Community forum. That will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 21, 2021 Views 6,760 Applies to: