Mouse cursor jumps when working in background

Hello everyone,

At a random time, when the cursor changes from "normal" to "working in background" it becomes pixelated and jumps away a few centimeters and then returns back to original position when loading is complete.

The only way to work around this is if I make a change in mouse settings, like "enable pointer shadow" and then revert it back as it was.

I have Lenovo Yoga 500-15ISK and using Windows 10 x64 Home, build 15063.332

Is anyone else having the same issue?

A similar problem for Windows 8.1 is reported here:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-tms/cursor-when-working-in-background-in-win81-jumps/8340caa9-ad93-40d8-99d4-b25f571fa792

Question Info

Last updated March 11, 2019 Views 1,361 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
After testing I confirm that by uninstalling Lenovo System Interface Foundation the issue does not occur again. I will notify Lenovo. Well done SupaTrupa.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Hi,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the device on your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or a hardware failure. To sort out your concern, we suggest that you follow the steps provided in this article on how to troubleshoot the mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows. Once you’re on the page, you may proceed with the steps, and then complete the process. After completing the steps, you may check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated regarding your concern for additional assistance.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.