Mouse and Keyboard Center: Open Apps on Top

I am using the Mouse and Keyboard center to configure my shortcut buttons along the top of the Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard 4000.

An example of my problem: when I press the Web/Home shortcut key in the upper left to open my web browser, it opens in the background and not on top of my active window. I would like the browser to open on top of whatever active windows I might have open at the time. A screenshot of the current behavior:

Is there a way to use these shortcut buttons to open apps in the foreground? Thanks.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if settings is not set correct in Keyboard center.

I suggest you to refer to the refer to the user manual provided in the below link and check if it helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/business/natural-ergonomic-keyboard-4000-for-business/5qh-00001

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry, but this answer is not helpful. I did not find any information in the manual at the referenced link.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried selecting other option such as Open a program, webpage or file under Web/Home settings? 

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 1, 2023 Views 513 Applies to: