Microsoft LifeCam - Windows 10

Update: August 24, 2016 -  the following showed up on my Windows 10 PC today:

Apparently these are the driver files that the Windows 10 update put on my PC (note the 7/27/2016 date):

The original 2015 post:

LifeCam4.25 fails to install on Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Does anyone have any information on this?

Thanks

For individuals who want to check...

After you run Microsoft LifeCam Setup (which crashes before completion) the following driver files should be on you PC:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft LifeCam\DriverComponents

Also:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ksthunk.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\usbvideo.sys
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\LCCoin425.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\msvcp110.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\msvcr110.dll
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\vccorlib110.dll

C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64\msvcp110.dll
C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64\msvcr110.dll
C:\WINDOWS\sysWOW64\vccorlib110.dll

Question Info

Last updated April 19, 2019 Views 34,224 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I finally got it to work with Skype!  Unplugged cam, deleted all remnants, reboot, install (try to) life cam software, do not click 'finish installing drivers' just let that msg go away itself. Finally, plug in the cam (in my case it's the life cam studio), start your choice of cam software. 

My  lifecam driver is called 'Lifecam Splitter" for some reason. Don't care what it's called, as long as it works. Had a Skype call with my son last night. Works good. Was also working with Youcam v7. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Marc,

John thinks that this could be a USB problem.  Can you submit a Windows Feedback on your problem, following the steps in this blog post?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2015/08/17/filing-usb-feedback-with-repro-mode-in-windows-10.aspx

Reply here when you are done and we will take a look at what was captured and see if we can pinpoint what is happening.

Thanks!

Kristin

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Marc,

John thinks that this could be a USB problem.  Can you submit a Windows Feedback on your problem, following the steps in this blog post?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/usbcoreblog/archive/2015/08/17/filing-usb-feedback-with-repro-mode-in-windows-10.aspx

Reply here when you are done and we will take a look at what was captured and see if we can pinpoint what is happening.

Thanks!

Kristin

Hmmm. My USB ports are working fine. I tried my Microsoft Lifecam HD-3000 on multiple ports, but it still does not work.

When I try to update the driver from the Microsoft site I get "an unexpected error occurred". But if I try to update the software again (before or after a reboot), I get a message that the driver is already installed and I must uninstall it first. In Control Panel > Uninstall Programs I cannot determine the file location of the Lifecam program (Version 4.25.512.0).

I can find a Lifecam folder, but it's all .dll files - I can't start the software itself.

I tried the compatibility troubleshooter running in Windows 8 or 7 mode (my Lifecam previously worked with both), but no luck. 

I find this fact to be highly suspicious:

In other words, the simple answer seems to be that Microsoft has not updated their Lifecam driver to work with Windows 10. If the webcam was made by another company, I could maybe understand it. But this is a Microsoft webcam!

Sorry this didn't help.

I found a solution that worked for me: Installing the Windows 7 driver from the download page:

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/lifecam-hd-3000

Credit goes to Cernunnos on TenForums.com:

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/10502-lifecam-hd-3000-appropriate-drivers-software-utility-windows-10-a-post302926.html#post302926

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't even remember how I got mine to work, I was so frustrated I wound up with driver version 3.6, which I had downloaded a couple years ago I think. My problem was that the software would open then immediately crash and a small window would pop up and say that the program had to close. I have Windows 10 64 bit, upgraded from win 7 64bit where the software had worked fine. I tried re-installing from my CD which was version 3.5, of course whatever I did the installation insisted on updating from MS servers during the install. I finally ctl-alt-del'd during the setup 2 or 3 times, copied and pasted my working program file folder from my laptop (which is 32 bit!) swore at it threatened it with a trip to the full bath tub....after beating on it for another 10 minutes it suddenly decided to work, it works great now, just don't ask me what I did, I can't remember the exact order.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi - I have provided Windows Feedback for both the Webcam and Samsung issues. Unfortunately I can not "capture" the camera malfunction at boot, only the restorative actions once Windows is up and running. 
Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

This was a perfect, and simple solution for me! The app is not quite as robust as LifeCam v4.25, but close. I can't zoom, pan, or tilt. Not a big deal for my purposes. Thanks. -e

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem (same screenshots that everyone else has posted and it used to work on Windows 10 until a few days/weeks ago.)  Please stop replying that's it's a USB or device manager problem - 'cause it 's not. 

I believe it was an auto update or something around Aug 11th.  I was surprised myself when I did a clean install of Win10 and my camera worked without any driver or software, but then I noticed one day it stopped working.

Sorry this didn't help.

sure!! maybe? My microsoft lifecam doesn't work properly anymore. Maybe yours might lol. My job requires a webcam. This is ****! Im so sorry I switched to windows 10. Should have waited. Now my cam sucks. Worked fine a month ago

Sorry this didn't help.

I see MS released new drivers for LifeCam and Windows 10 via the Update feature (marked 9-15-2015).  My camera was working and continues to work with the new drivers.

Although not available on the driver download website, try Windows Update.  See if that helps.

Sorry this didn't help.