Microsoft Lifecam VX-3000 under Windows 10

I uninstalled Lifecam VX-3000 (also Skype) in windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 10 Home (64 bit). After upgrading, I downloaded version 3.22.270.0 and installed. Of course I got the unsupported error. I was able to install in compatability mode for Windows 7 successfully. Then I installed the latest Skype which was no problem. So My Lifecam VX-3000 is working with Windows 10.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I uninstalled Lifecam VX-3000 (also Skype) in windows 7 before upgrading to Windows 10 Home (64 bit). After upgrading, I downloaded version 3.22.270.0 and installed. Of course I got the unsupported error. I was able to install in compatability mode for Windows 7 successfully. Then I installed the latest Skype which was no problem. So My Lifecam VX-3000 is working with Windows 10.

How Do you get the download link through , the drive has well ?

Go to http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/B/8/CB8414CD-487E-4E18-8B24-DA8ED722C770/LifeCam3.22.exe and save the file. Then install in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

Go to http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/B/8/CB8414CD-487E-4E18-8B24-DA8ED722C770/LifeCam3.22.exe and save the file. Then install in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

thank you very much here the link if any others need it : http://download.microsoft.com/download/C/B/8/CB8414CD-487E-4E18-8B24-DA8ED722C770/LifeCam3.22.exe  This we not work for Windows 10 I know it becaucse there try to help me with it but it we work for Windows 7 or 8.1 through 

Hey - sorry but the above link is inoperable - all that appears is the "Compatibility Assistant" which states "This app can't run on this PC - I have tried all compatibility "options" 

Microsoft has become intolerable - all it's updates do is make more of their systems & devices obsolete!!!
INFURIATING!!!

Try the link www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-ca/d/lifecam-vx-3000.

Thank you for your suggestion; - the link was identical to that used previously and gave exactly the same failure mode.

Microsoft should refrain from forcing obsolescence.

I had the same issue, at some point microsoft is starting to block lifecam3.22.exe installer even with compatibility mode selected.  Fortunately I was able to extract vx3000 drivers from an older windows 10 install.  My webcam is working again on a fresh windows 10 v1703 install.

Here are my extracted files, download the zip and extract it.  Note there's no installer to run here. Go to Device Manager, right click on your webcam and click update driver software, select the 2nd option Browse My Computer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5of_Cr3nsPPYXVJcFQ3TFJpUlk/view?usp=sharing

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for your response -

I follow your instruction; - only to receive the "std" Windows notification that

"The best drivers for your device are already installed"!

These of course do not work correctly or I would not have browsed and followed this thread.

So - using a polite and totally inoffensive question which I feel Microsoft should answer both honestly and rationally, (as opposed to simply "mentoring" it out); -

Please; - WHY you are forcing obsolescence of Microsoft devices?

Thank you.

That's interesting, it sounds like some kind of driver is already loaded for your webcam.  In that case I would right click and uninstall it first.  Next it'll involve unplugging and re-plugging your webcam or using Action/Scan Hardware Change in device manager - basically the important thing is you want it show up as an unknown hardware(the hardware icon would have an exclamation/question mark). At this point updating driver should work.

By the way the drivers I uploaded are x64, likely won't work if you're running x86 windows. And when I say "working" I mean it works 100% with classic desktop Skype, I don't use the webcam for anything else.

Don't expect anything from Microsoft lol, I honestly don't think they give a sh*t...

Charlie: -

Many thanks for your response and further suggestion - I shall try the uninstall // relinstall as you detail as soon as I am able... and report back my findings... to maybes assist others who are experiencing "forced obsolescence"

I thoroughly agree with your last sentence! - Unfortunately I can almost guarantee that some misguided so called "Mentor" will remove it as it appears to be the truth!!!

Thanks again, John

Discussion Info

Last updated October 27, 2020 Views 18,461 Applies to: