Microsoft designer keyboard automatically sleeping, then won't reconnect to bluetooth

I use the microsoft designer bluetooth keyboard. The problem is it goes to sleep if not being used for around 10 minutes. It then takes at least 10-15 minutes of messing around with bluetooth to get it to reconnect again (turning bluetooth and the keyboard on and off again, running the bluetooth troubleshooter, rebooting the computer).

I would rather it just not go to sleep at all and always remain on while the computer is on. 

1. I have already gone into power management and ensured the computer is not allowed to turn off this device to save power.

2. I have gone to bluetooth devices to try and disable it sleeping - I could only do this for "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator", and it did not solve the problem.

3. I have run the bluetooth troubleshooter from the settings menu countless times. Each time it finds something called "Check bluetooth radio status" and "fixes" it but it has not solved the problem. 

The most recent windows update that I have installed is KB4343909

Any help appreciated.

If this cannot be fixed I am going to return it and buy a different product from a different company because this is VERY frustrating. 

Hi AlexanderDI,

Please perform the troubleshooting steps found on this link on A Bluetooth mouse or keyboard fails to reconnect after being left idle and see if the issue will persist.

Let us know how it goes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've already said that I've gone through all the bluetooth devices and unchecked the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" settings.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2020 Views 1,676 Applies to: