Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Is Better Than Other Drivers

I have Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family as display adapter but when I installs it's driver, it's video ram get decrease to 256MB and games looks like purple blocks AS SHOWN IN (1,2)

and when I swich to Microsoft Basic Display Adapter Driver, everything works fine and Graphic Memory shows 1019MB and games work fine but I want 1366x768 resolution that isn't in this driver AS SHOWN IN (3,4) !! PLEASE HELP !!

Windows 10 1803 Home x32

(2)

(3)

(4)

(1)

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Pathak,

When an operating system has been updated recently, some devices that were recently added or reconnected to your computer will not work properly due to hardware reset. It needs a driver update to let your peripherals run properly on your computer again.

To address this issue, you need to do the following:

Important: The first thing to do is to install your device manually, you need to visit the website of the device manufacturer to download the latest drivers and install it. If the latest drivers are not available, you can also contact them directly through their support hotline.

• Make sure that your device/peripheral is inserted properly (plugged tightly into the USB port).

• Your BIOS and Chipset drivers must be the latest version (you can download this update from your computer manufacturer website).

• Use the Device Manager to Uninstall Devices and Driver Packages (for display issues) -
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/install/using-device-manager-to-uninstall-devices-and-driver-packages

• Use the Device Manager to detect your computer for hardware changes. To do this, follow the steps below:

1. Make sure that you are connected to the Internet.

2. Press Windows + R to openRun window.

3. Type devmgmt.msc, then press Enter to launch Device Manager.

4. In the Device Manager, click your computer so it will be highlighted.

5. Click Action, then click Scan for hardware changes.

6. Wait for your computer to scan the hardware that were attached to it.

After performing the steps above perform a driver update for your device.

Let us know if this works for you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sir, This problem occurs from when I installed Windows 10 first time (29 July 2015). Whenever a new build comes, I clean installs Windows 10.

I have taken your steps but it didn't working.

I have also taken following steps to fix this.

1.Downloaded and Installed the latest driver and bios from the manufacturer. DRIVER name 'Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family'

2.Updated my Display driver through Device Manager. DRIVER name 'Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation WDDM 1.0)'

NOT WORKED !! BASICALLY I WANT 1366x768 RESOLUTION IN MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER DRIVER !!

PLEASE CHECK THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE BOTH DRIVER'S GRAPHIC MEMORY IN THE SCREENSHOT GIVEN ABOVE !! AND PLEASE-PLEASE DON'T SAY ME TO PURCHASE A NEW ONE !! PLEASE HELP !!

Thank You.....😥😔

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Or I give you the link of the driver which is running good (Microsoft Basic Display Adapter) and you create a resolution of 1366x768 60Hz and upload and give its link to me ??

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

We would like to know what is the brand and model of your other video card? May we ask if you already updated this video card? If not, can you check the website of this graphics card and download its driver?

Once downloaded, can you set it as your primary video card? Set the maximum resolution that matches your monitor and launch the game again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family !! I downloaded the latest version from Intel downloads and also from ASUS (my motherboard) but after installing !! They aren't fixing this problem !! all the drivers aren't compatible with ms store games except MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER !! I am using MICROSOFT BASIC DISPLAY ADAPTER driver now, but I want my resolution (1366x768) which is not in this driver !! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If the driver is not working properly or misbehaving, you can run our utility called Driver Verifier. Visit this thread: Driver Verifier-- tracking down a misbehaving driver created by ZigZag3143 our MVP. This thread has a detailed explanation on how to run this tool to detect incompatibility issues of your hardware or drivers with your computer.

To start this utility, follow these steps:

1. Press Windows + S to open Search Box.
  2. Type verifier, then press Enter.
  3. When prompted by UAC. Click Yes to launch this utility.

In addition, you can download and run our easy fix solutions from this link: How to use Microsoft easy fix solutions. Once there, click the Find and fix problems with devices and hardware hyperlink. Download and run it to start the troubleshooting.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

BSOD !! I have solved BSOD by safe mode but problem is still there !! PLEASE help !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you already ran the Driver Verifier?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes, after you told me !! I ran it before it I didn't ran it !

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Can you tell us the results? If no findings, it means that the driver is running normally and have no issues.

At this time, we would like to request to create a new user profile or local account on your computer. This is to test if the issue persists on the new profile with clean files and system configurations. If you own this computer, we suggest that you create another Administrator account to have full control of it.

To create one, you can visit this link: Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

and follow the instructions given. If the issue did not happen in this new profile, you can now start copying your personal files here.

Let us know if this resolves your concern.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 13,550 Applies to: