Microphone and Touchpad problems

Hello. So I've updated to windows 10 recently and since I couldn't find any solutions to these problems for already 2 weeks I decided to ask help from community.
First thing I noticed when I first turned on windows 10 was that my touchpad was turning on and off constantly. This happens every time I turn on my laptop, wake it up from sleep or try to disable or enable touchpad via synaptics properties screen (or keyboard shortcut) and it continues for ~1min and then stops at enabled or disabled option. My synaptics driver version is v19.0.6.1.

Another problem is with microphones. Built in or any other that I connect. When on skype they seem not responsive to any sound around and the microphone bar only flashes a bit when i hit directly to the microphone with my finger. I do use maximum gain and that microphone is my default device. Windows sound properties shows exactly the same thing. The interesting part of this is that the voice recorder that came with windows works absolutely fine as well as other programs such as teamspeak or raidcall. My Realtek driver version is 6.0.1.7560.

In addition to this here's some more information.

I have updated from windows 8.1 through windows update center.

I am using MSI GT70 2OC Laptop

Skype version: 7.7.103

BIOS Version: E1763IMS.51B

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.And thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time. Do not worry, will assist you with the issue.

Method 1

Check the Device status in the Device Manager. The yellow exclamation mark provides an indication of a device's current status and could mean that there is a system resource conflict, a driver issue, or any number of other things. Refer to these steps to open Device Manager.

Step 1. Press Windows and X keys together.

Step 2. Click on Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand Sound, video and game controller.

Step 4. Please check with the optional driver updates through windows update and check if it helps. And for more information I suggest you to refer the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/all-drivers (Also applicable for windows 10)

Method 2:  If the issue still prissiest, install the Windows 8.1 drivers in compatibility mode.

Step 1. Download the Windows 8.1 drivers.

Step 2. Right click on the downloaded driver file.

Step 3. Click/tap on Troubleshoot Compatibility.

I also suggest install the latest drivers available for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your reply. However, non of the methods provided helped to solve the problems.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Paull,

Thank you for replying with the status of the issue.

I understand that you are unable to hear any sound while using Skype and apologies for the delay in response. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

Let’s try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve your issue.

Step 1: Change setting for to get sound in Skype.

1- Right click volume icon in the lower right corner and select playback devices.

2- Set Speakers / Headphones as default device and as default communication device.

3- Click apply.

4- Below Speakers / Headphones, select properties, go to the advanced tab and uncheck "allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" then click apply.

5- Open Skype, go to tools then settings, click on audio settings and set speakers to "Speakers / Headphones".

Also, I would suggest you to update the sound drivers and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I would suggest you to update the Mouse and Touchpad drivers from Device Manager and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Follow the steps to update drivers:

1. Right click in the start button.

2. Select Device Manager.

3. Select the driver and then Right click on the driver.

4. Select Properties and the select the driver tab and click Update driver.

5. Update mouse and Touchpad drivers.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 22, 2020 Views 504 Applies to: