Maximum RAM usable on windows 10 x64

I've upgraded my Windows 7 Ultimate x64 with 8GB RAM to Windows 10 Pro x64. But after upgrade to Windows 10 System Properties displayed that RAM detected is 8GB, but only 6,9GB usable. Why windows 10 x64 only detect 6,9GB RAM? In windows 7 8GB RAM detected and usable 

Hi, 

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on your description, after upgrade to Windows 10 the RAM is detecting only 6,9GB usable. I would like to inform you that the rest of the GB are reserved file for the RAM. You can go to the system information and check it. Press Windows key + R and type msinfo32.

Hope this information helps, post us any issues related Windows we will be glad to help you.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, 

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Based on your description, after upgrade to Windows 10 the RAM is detecting only 6,9GB usable. I would like to inform you that the rest of the GB are reserved file for the RAM. You can go to the system information and check it. Press Windows key + R and type msinfo32.

Hope this information helps, post us any issues related Windows we will be glad to help you.

Hi,

This is my system information... I think reserved memory is too high, is this normal for windows 10?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 6, 2023 Views 3,524 Applies to: