Until recently I had no issues in using Kinect v2 on my Surface Book computer. Suddenly, after last week Windows and Surface Book firmware updates Kinect is not recognized anymore.
My configuration: Surface Book, i5/256
Kinect connected on the USB3 port of Surface Book
Powered either directly or via docking station
Kinect service set to use Nvidia card
Once I connect the USB cable the following happens:
- Kinect led (from the Kinect adapter) is either orange (as no connection) or flashing white
- After a few seconds, I get the following message popping up on the screen (message in the bottom right of the screen): "USB Device is not recognized...", followed up by the typical and infinitely repeating USB out sound
- In Device Manager I can see under the Universal Serial Bus controllers: Unknown USB Device (Set Address Failed)
- When I installed it first time the device was visible in the Devices, device Manager, etc. But was not starting the Kinect. After restart device was just not recognized.
What did I try?
- from removing devices, disable, etc...
- to reinstalling completely my Surface Book (yes... a few hours of work)
- tested Kinect on a desktop PC - works OK
- tested on a Surface3 even there works ok (I don't think that Surface3 has a USB 3 port... but, it works!)
- used Kinect verifier, which as always is listing that USB device is unknown (but this is not new since I had it in the past too)
Any idea? I believe it has to do with latest Windows 10 updates, drivers and latest Surface Book update too. Thank you!
***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***