Keyboard not working after updates?

Hey! Had the same keyboard for years, never had an issue with it, the other day my PC updated it's self (despite putting it off for weeks) and it broke a few things, none of my games were running, saying it didn't meet minimum requirements, so i just went and reverted back to the previous update. 

When the computer came back on my keyboard wasn't working? i've tried several, the only one that does work is the one i used for my iMac????

I even bought a new keyboard, for it to not work, i've uninstalled/reinstalled, updated drivers, you name it I've tried it, i've messed with filter keys etc, the keyboard I got was the Venom Warrior PC PRO, which has a back light, and from what i can see there are no drivers i should have to download for it to work..

so the backlight comes on straight away with the PC, so the keyboard is obviously working? it's brand new.. Now strangely when i have my new one AND my mac one plugged in, if i press the caps/num/scroll lock on my mac keyboard, the lights change on those buttons on the other keyboard? I would just use my mac keyboard but for gaming it feels a little strange, if someone can help me that would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Panzerhund7,

A software conflict is possibly causing the issue with your Windows 10 PC. To properly address your concern, I will need the current OS Build of your computer. You can find this information by clicking the Start button, type About your PC, press Enter, and then scroll down to Windows specifications.

If you're running Windows 10 version 1709 OS Build 16299.248 (KB4074588), I recommend performing the resolution outlined in this support article. The page has instructions on how to resolve issues with USB devices that stopped working after installing the update.

We need to perform a clean boot to isolate which program is possibly causing the issue. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you use your computer. For the steps on how to perform a clean boot in Windows 10, please refer to this article. You can also watch our YouTube video

for more details.

NOTE: Please go to the section: Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting to boot the PC in normal startup after fixing the issue.

You can also run the troubleshooter for hardware and devices. This tool is designed to scan your PC for any issues with your drivers and fix them for you. You will need administrative permission to perform this procedure.

1. Select the Start button.
  2. Type Troubleshoot and then hit Enter.
  3. Select Hardware and Devices under Find and fix other problems.
  4. Click Run the troubleshooter.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions.

We're looking forward to your response.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, tried detecting problems with hardware no joy, no joy with the clean boot either..

Edition: windows 10 home

version 1607

os build 14393.2189

system type 64-bit

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for getting back to us. Did you install the keyboard driver from Device Manager or from the device manufacturer's support website? I suggest downloading the latest driver from the manufacturer's support website to ensure that it's completely compatible with the device and the latest version of Windows 10. If you haven't tried this procedure yet, you can refer to Andre Da Costa's forum article for the steps on how to manually update drivers in Windows 10. Follow the steps under the section: How to find and download drivers from the manufacturer's website. You can also refer to the section: Using Compatibility Mode to Resolve Driver problems if it's an old driver.

Should the issue remain, you can roll back the driver through Device Manager.

1. Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
  2. Locate and right-click the device that has the driver installed and select Properties.
  3. Select the Driver tab and then click Roll Back Driver.

If the option above is greyed out, you can remove the existing driver and software from Device Manager.

1. Right-click the Start button and select Device Manager.
  2. Locate and right-click the device that has the driver installed and select Properties.
  3. In the Confirm Device Uninstall dialog box, make sure to select the Delete the driver software for this device check box, if it's available.
  4. Install the driver downloaded from the device manufacturer's support website or download it using Device Manager.

Let me know the results.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My keyboard stopped working yesterday after a Windows update. I turned the device on... keyboard working.... I watched it install firmware and a few patches.... the keyboard no longer works.

This is definitely NOT a hardware fault - unless Microsoft are saying that our devices are running older hardware which is no longer supported?

Or, playing devil's advocate here, is it a ruse to generate revenue by making devices appear to be defective?

I will add, that there is no device driver listed in Device Manager.

19 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 1, 2023 Views 23,484 Applies to: