Is there a Windows 10 driver for the Epson 1660 scanner?

Is there a Windows 10 driver for the Epson 1660 scanner?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Jennifer,

As your concern is about finding the drivers of Epson 1660 scanner for Windows 10 operating system we will help you with this issue.

I would like to inform that the device manufacturer has to release the updated drivers for the latest operating system.

As per my research I have found that there is a event manager utility for the Windows 10 operating system and not the drivers.

Hence, you can install Windows 7/8/8.1 drivers in compatibility mode if there are no Windows 10 compatible drivers

Epson Perfection 1660 PHOTO Scanner

Follow the steps to install in Compatibility mode:

1. Download the updated driver from the manufacturer’s website.
  2. Right click the driver installation file and select Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
  3. Place a check in the Run this program in compatibility mode for: box.
  4. Tap the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click OK.
  5. Try installing the driver and check.

Hope it helps. Kindly let us know if you need further assistance with Windows Operating System. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no Windows 10 driver.  The most recent driver is for Windows 7. 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Deepika,

I found a 32-bit driver for Windows 7 and I installed it in compatibility mode, however I wasn't able to then update the device from my Windows 10 machine with this software.

Jennifer

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks Jim,

I found a 32-bit driver for Windows 7 and I installed it in compatibility mode, however I wasn't able to then update the device from my Windows 10 machine with this software.

Jennifer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Jennifer,

Do let us know:

1. What exactly are you referring to when you say: " I wasn't able to then update the device from my Windows 10 machine with this software"?
  2. Are you facing any issues with accessing the Scanner device on your computer?

Provide us more information to assist you better with this issue.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yes there is!

Go to device driver-> scanner-> driver->update driver->let me pick from a list.... -> manufacturer epson -> model expression 1680. reply yes to the message.  thats it works perfectly

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You left out a few steps.  

1.  Download the Expression 1680 driver for WIndows 10 / 64 bit.  Link is here.
2.  Unzip the compressed file to a directory on your hard drive.  
3.  Make sure the scanner is connected by USB and turned on.

4.  Go to the Control Panel > Device Manager and look for your Perfection 1660 scanner.  It will be listed under "Imaging Devices" or "Unknown Devices."  

5.  Right click on the scanner entry, then click on "Update Driver Software." 

6.  Click on "Browse my computer for driver software."

7.  Click on "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer."

8.  Click on "Have disk."

9.  In the Install from Disk popup screen, click on browse and navigate to the directory containing the uncompressed Epson 1680 driver files.
10.  In the file directory popup screen, click on any of the files ending with an .inf file suffix.

11.  You'll be returned to the Install from Disk screen.  Your directory location will be shown as the install location.  Click on Okay.  

12.   You'll be presented with a list of various devices to select from.  Pick EPSON Expression 1680 and click next.  

13.  You'll see an error message stating that the driver is not compatible with your hardware.  Disregard this message.  Click on Yes to continue with the installation.

14.  You'll see a progress bar showing the installation progress, followed by an Installation Success message.  

Total time to install is about 15 minutes even if you're complete novice at installing drivers manually.  

Both WIA and Twain drivers will be available to use.  You'll find the exact same scanner program screens to work with as you did with the older Perfection 1660 drivers.  I just installed Win 10 this morning,  I'm pleased to report that my 13 year old Perfection 1660 has out-survived 5 Windows operating systems (2000, XP, Vista, 8 and 10) and keeps on generating great scans.  It's probably the oldest piece of computer hardware I've ever owned.

178 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for helping me get my scanner back! However, one of the programs that I really liked to use, the Epson Smart Panel (which lets me easily use my scanner as a copier) doesn't seem to see the Twain drivers. The application opens up but if I choose any of the options, it tells me the Twain driver is not installed.

I can scan using Windows scan or even the Epson scan program that comes with the Expression 1680 driver that you linked above.

We love this scanner and really want to use it with our Win 10 PC but one of the ways we use it a lot is as a copier, so really  need that choice.

Any ideas?

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for helping me get my scanner back! However, one of the programs that I really liked to use, the Epson Smart Panel (which lets me easily use my scanner as a copier) doesn't seem to see the Twain drivers. The application opens up but if I choose any of the options, it tells me the Twain driver is not installed.

I can scan using Windows scan or even the Epson scan program that comes with the Expression 1680 driver that you linked above.

We love this scanner and really want to use it with our Win 10 PC but one of the ways we use it a lot is as a copier, so really  need that choice.

Any ideas?

I don't use the Epson Smart Pane, but because Epson does not list it as a free download from their website for the Expression 1680 / Windows 10, I'm guessing it's not compatible with Win 10.  

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I found this very helpful, and it worked for scanning documents and photos, but I was not able to scan negatives nor slides (the choice was not available when trying to import from the scanner) for applications (like Photoshop Elements) that do not support a TWAIN driver. Is it true that WAI does not support scanning negatives or slides? I did find an old version of PSE that does support TWAIN.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2024 Views 22,546 Applies to: