"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Blue Screen Crash

I have a Surface Pro 4 which I recently performed a factory reset on, and then after reinstalling all of my programs (of which there were few) I then downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and updated my SP4 to the Anniversary Update. Since then, when I initially boot up my SP4, after the login screen appears and Windows Hello initiates and looks for my face, Windows crashes, giving me IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. After it reboots, it works just fine. It's only during the initial startup that this happens.

After some brief googling, I found out this error is almost always caused by bad drivers. I have very few applications installed on here, so the list of culprits is very short. I'm hoping somebody more experienced with examining minidump files can look it over and tell me which program is causing the issues.

The minidump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aomc2sKx-AM4iq1MKWhOxqNhH7h9zA

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2018 Views 273 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi,

BugCheck A, {d0, 2, 1, fffff8033f4e7f6c}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kneps.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kneps.sys
Probably caused by : klim6.sys ( klim6+2bf0 )

klim6.sys dated 6/15/2016 Kaspersky.

Uninstall Kaspersky and then run its removal tool to prevent remnants. Use Windows Defender which in Windows 8/8.1, & 10 is a full antivirus. WD is a true superstar in both
protection and compatibility.

Hope this helps.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows and Devices for IT : Bicycle - Mark Twain said it right.

Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP - Windows and Devices for IT 2010 - current
Windows Insider MVP 2016 - current

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.