Intel Wireless Bluetooth not working

I started my computer today and noticed I couldn't use my bluetooth devices. When I went to the Device Manager, I noticed my Intel Wireless Bluetooth was not working properly. The error message "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE" displays in preferences. I've done the following already and still have the issue:

Disable and Enable the device

Check Windows update

Check device for updated driver software

Checked Intel for updated driver sofware

Run the Windows Bluetooth troubleshooter

Run the Windows Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

Uninstalled the device and driver software, rebooted and scanned for hardware changes to reinstall the device, reinstalled the driver software

I did that last one twice. The only thing I can get to happen is the device seems to cycle between "working properly" and the error message at least 20 times before finally deciding  "This device cannot start. (Code 10) STATUS_DEVICE_POWER_FAILURE"

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Network & internet

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

my HP still down.  I already had .60 and upgraded to .70.  un real how this issue has just been largely ignored.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

If you having a Bluetooth error code 10 after windows update here is something for you

I found a fix uninstalled ur Bluetooth driver, disable fast startup in power setting and then turn of your computer for 5 sec and turn it back on, Windows 10 will auto reinstall driver for you when your pc turn back on if not download the driver and install it urself. I believe fast startup doesn't turn off your pc completely when you restart or shut down and that's what costing the problem.

Credit does not go toward me, I found this somewhere else when I was searching on my phone but I forgot where.

and now I'm just sharing this everywhere because it was a pain for me when my Bluetooth didn't work after the windows 10 update and I try everything that internet has to offer but finally here something works

22 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you having a Bluetooth error code 10 after windows update here is something for you

I found a fix uninstalled ur Bluetooth driver, disable fast startup in power setting and then turn of your computer for 5 sec and turn it back on, Windows 10 will auto reinstall driver for you when your pc turn back on if not download the driver and install it urself. I believe fast startup doesn't turn off your pc completely when you restart or shut down and that's what costing the problem.

Credit does not go toward me, I found this somewhere else when I was searching on my phone but I forgot where.

and now I'm just sharing this everywhere because it was a pain for me when my Bluetooth didn't work after the windows 10 update and I try everything that internet has to offer but finally here something works

Thanks so much for this! Worked for me!

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem as described above. 1 minute it was working fine,then I updated the Intel chipset driver and it stopped working. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok this one took me a little while to fix.

The wife's PC uses blue tooth mouse and keyboard that suddenly stopped working one day. When i checked it had this exact same error that you have here. After following some of the posts that have replied to you and having no luck checked out the Intel website and installed their driver assistant app (https://www.intel.com.au/content/www/au/en/support/detect.html).

The intel assistant told me that the Bluetooth drivers were up to date but the Wifi drivers where not - updating this driver instead actually  fixed the error with the bluetooth

My theory for why this worked is that Wifi & Bluetooth appeared to be on the same chip so when the driver versions for each don't match we get these errors.

I hope this helps!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The generic driver didn't work for me, however I selected the previous driver to the one that was malfunctioning and have regained the use of Bluetooth. Thanks for the heads up.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, this sorted our problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you!

After trying everything else I was able to find (driver reinstalling, troubleshooting etc.) this worked as charm - all bluetooth devices were back and bluetooth started working.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the exact same issue and my problem here is I cant install the latest driver from my manufacturer.When I uninstall the driver from the device manager it becames an unknown device thats ok but it automatically changes back to bluetooth device again.I have disabled the option in device installation settings but i still cant get rid of this situation. I literally cant install the latest driver from the web page cause windows automatically installs untill i click on the setup.exe.Also it thinks it loaded the latest version but the hardware id provided in the support page of the manufacturer is different. 

In brief:
I downloaded this from ASUS web page

Intel BlueTooth driver
Intel 8260 Bluetooth Driver
Please press Start key to search “Device Manager”, select ”Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R)” Details Hardware Ids check the value isUSB\VID_8087&PID_0A2B

but even after i run the setup.exe and done with the installation successfully i get this image (as you can see the hardware id's are different)

Edit:The driver id you see in the picture belongs the previous version(i.e 17.1.1529.1620) of the driver in the Asus support page but i need the newest version (i.e 18.1.1539.2349) i dont want to apply complex solutions i just want windows to let me install the latest driver please thanks. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Im still having this exact issue and its beyond frustrating...

Ive tried everything in this thread to no avail. Still have the Intel Wireless Bluetooth driver with the orange exclamation mark.
I need this to work!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2020 Views 41,102 Applies to: