Input delay out of no where, hard for competitive gaming

This has been happening for about a month and a half now, though it went away for about a week. The week it went away I installed an update for my computer. Since then I've installed nothing, but the issue came back. There is even posts about it dating back to 2015 with this issue, all having no solutions. I've contacted support for many different companies and none of the solutions have done anything. I've clean installed my drivers, revert my windows updates, reinstalled a lot of my applications. I have the Sceptre M27 monitor running at 185hz, and another 60hz dell monitor. The dell monitor is 1920x1200 and the Sceptre monitor is 1920x1080. I have nothing else to do and am willing to do literally anything. I also have the latest bios for my motherboard and all my drivers and windows updates are up to date.

Input Lag returns about an hour after factory reset | Tom's Hardware Forum

Specs: 

Ryzen 5 3600x 

RX 570 4gb running at 1320mhz

Asrock steel legend b450m

Corsair Vengeance 16gb 3200mhz 

250gb Crucial SSD

1tb WD HD

DxDiag - Pastebin.com

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi and thanks for reaching out. My name is William. I'm a Microsoft Windows Certified Professional and Systems Administrator. I'll be happy to help you out today.

This sounds like latency in the deferred procedure call mechanism for Windows. As the Windows session drags on, I am guessing DPC latency builds up over time. There are a few things you can do to try and overcome this. It requires a bit of experimenting. I suggest reading up on the following: https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/s...

Afterwards, you need to research the various fixes:

See https://thegeekpage.com/high-dpc-latency-on-win... (specifically solution 3)

https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/c77w...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I have just done all of these things you recommend, I figured out I did not have my motherboards audio or USB drives installed. But none of these suggestions fixed my issue. As some people my call it, it feels like I am dragging my mouse on ice. I do not have mouse acceleration on and I have tried those mouse acceleration fixes. None of them changed anything. The big part I am confused about is how did my issue just resolve itself after a windows update then come back almost exactly a week later? The issue feels like v-sync is on or my mouse is very heavy. I have looked everywhere and found no form of v-sync on and I also do not have Freesync enabled on my monitor. I have also factory reset both of my monitors and my driver settings. I did what it said in the first article you linked and used LatencyMon to fix DPC issues, and I did that. After installing my audio and USB drivers LatencyMon went back to saying my system was suitable. I restarted my computer to see if my input delay feeling was gone and it unfortunately was not. I also tested it while LatencyMon was running in certain games such as CSGO, Valorant, and Minecraft to see if anything would pop up, nothing did. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I assume you are using the Sceptre Monitor for gaming? Have you toggled the refresh rate to something lower, say 144, or match it to 60Hz like the other monitor to see if there is any difference?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I lowered it to 144hz, it felt obviously less smoother and the delay was still there. Same with 60hz. I just had the biggest facepalm and realized I haven't updated to the windows version 2004 yet so I'm going to try that to see how it works.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In that case, the current 20H2 was release yesterday.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Updating to 2004 didn't change anything. Still can feel it

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Standard mouse or fancy gaming mouse with more buttons than fingers and lights up like a x-mas tree?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

haha, no. I have a Logitech G pro wireless mouse. At first I thought it was the mouse until I tried 2 other different wired mice. Still felt the same. I just wanna know why it felt perfect for about 4 days last week. Only time out of a month I've been having this issue that its felt fine. Didn't do anything different. No update was installed and nothing was deleted. Now its just randomly back after having no driver updates or windows updates.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you have a secondary account you can logon with to test the issue? If not, you can create a new local account to test with. It does not need to be linked to an MS account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I have a second account. What am I going to do with it?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated January 31, 2024 Views 1,889 Applies to: