I am trying to locate root directory in order to create an empty file to fix my Kindle paperwhite.

in order to create an empty file to fix my Kindle paperwhite.

Windows 10

[Moved from: Mobile Devices / Accessories / Other]

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2020 Views 749 Applies to:

Hi,

The issue that you're having about locating the root directory for your device is best supported by its manufacturer. We would suggest contacting the Kindle support for further assistance about the issue.

Regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

The issue that you're having about locating the root directory for your device is best supported by its manufacturer. We would suggest contacting the Kindle support for further assistance about the issue.

Regards.

I did.  This was the advice

To factory reset your Kindle: 1. Connect the Kindle to a computer via a USB-cable. 2. Create an empty file in the root directory called DO_FACTORY_RESTORE. 3. You will need to remove the extension from the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file. 4. Click on the “Start” menu. 5. Type “Folder Options” on the Search Bar and select it. 6. Select the “View” tab. 7. Make sure “Hide extensions for known files” is unchecked. 8. Click “Apply”. 9. Eject the device safely (this should be in the taskbar on Windows -right click on an icon and select "Safely Remove Hardware" - then click on it and select the Kindle. 10. Perform a device restart (40s) by pressing and holding the power button for 40 seconds. After you tried a factory reset on the Kindle, we recommend you to observe the device functions for atleast 24 hours.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.