How to set one of the two cameras in Windows 10 to be "default"

Since the topic for some reason got closed without being answered I open new one as I have same issue.

Basically I have 1 camera, Logitech BRIO camera, not two, however I have a leap motion gesture controller  which is also present itself as a camera (well it is essentially IR camera).

So my problem is , that in some applications like Skype or Window 10's "Camera" I can set which camera to use , but most of them, including even "Windows Hello" for some reason pick up Leap Motion controller instead of real camera, so I can't even login with Windows Hello until I disconnect LeapMotion device from the computer, which is obviously huge inconvenience.

So since there is no way to set "Default" camera in "Printers and Devices" I need some registry key or some other setting to let windows know which camera to use by default, or at least set "Windows Hello" default camera.

|

Hi Roman,

If there are two devices that are detected as a camera, simply disabling one of them will automatically set the other one as the default. To do so, follow these steps:

1. Search and open Device Manager.
  2. Find your camera on the list of devices.
  3. Right-click the device that you want to disable and select Disable device.

When you'll need the Leap Motion Controller, simply enable it on the Device manager.

Let us know how things go.

Regards.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 10, 2021 Views 4,470 Applies to: