How to make ATI TV Wonder 650. work in Windows 10

My TV tuner only works with Windows 7 is there any alternatives that will work with windows 10? ATI is no longer making drivers for ATI TV Wonder 650. I would love to upgrade but my Computer since Windows ME has been used to edit video using TV and Non TV sources. I really need this feature in order to upgrade.

Tv Tuner on windows 10- Original Title 

Question Info

Last updated August 11, 2018 Views 7,559 Applies to:
Answer

This Post is no longer valid after Step 3. Download VirtualDub for ATI TV Wonder 650 pro Live TV Tuner Playback See instructions in my post below!

I've solved my problem. Here's my instructions for getting ATI TV Wonder 650 PCI to work in Windows 10 x64.

I've updated from a Windows 7 pro x64 machine.

==============Valid Driver Installation Information Begin==============

1- When you update to Windows 10, uninstall the ATI Drivers for the ATI TV Wonder 650 in Windows 10 Device Manager. I uninstalled "AMD High Definition Audio Device and ATI Unified AVStream Driver". When you uninstall make sure to check the box to delete the driver.

2- Download the ATI TV Wonder 650 driver from AMD's website and run setup. The install will hang when it's analyzing your PC. Cancel the install, you might have to "End task" in task manager.

3- Go to Device Manager and Update drivers for the 2 devices you deleted. Manually search for the drivers. You'll find them in <system drive>\ATI\Support\10-4_win7_32-64_unified_wdm. 

- <system drive> usually represents the C: drive or any drive where your windows OS is installed on.

==============Valid Driver Installation Information End==============

Please See the "Post" about VirtualDub below.

All information in THIS POST below THIS SENTENCE is no longer valid. I only left it here just in case I find a new working Version of Windows Media Center.

==============No Longer Valid Windows Media Center Installation Information Begin==============

4- Now download and install Windows Media Center. You can find instructions Here. If the webpage is down Google how to install Windows Media Center in Windows 10.

5- After installing Windows Media center, open it up and begin setting up live TV. It will ask to use your previous setup from your Windows 7 OS, ignore it and start a new setup from scratch.

6- Pick "No, discard those setting and set up TV again." Next.

7- Pick "Yes, use this region to configure TV services", if your correct region is displayed. Next.

8- Enter zip code. Next.

9- Agree to the Program Guide Terms of Service. Some times the TV setup data download fails just ignore it and move on. Next.

10- Examining TV Signals, this is where you will know for sure if your drivers are working or not the progress bar will slowly fill up its working correctly. When it's done press Next.

11- TV Signal Detection Results, you will find you TV signal information here. (If it doesn't show any information about you signal try deleting and reinstalling your drivers again.) Select No, let me configure my TV signal manually. Next.

12- TV Signal Type, pick your signal type. I chose Cable. Next.

13- Set-Top Box, I picked No, because if you pick yes it will take you to setup your remote for your Windows Media Center and if you don't have one it will force you to start over. Just pick no. Next.

14- TV Signal Type, I picked Analog Cable. I don't think it matters which one you choose. Next.

15- TV Source setup finished, pick no unless you have another TV signal. Next.

16- TV Signal configuration, just press Next.

17- You should see a spinning circle then press Finish when it's done.

Now go to Live TV and you should be able to see TV from your Cable box.

I'm so glad this worked, but it's really disappointed that none of Microsoft compatibility mode or any of the other so called legacy features didn't work as advertised. In the end the drivers had to be installed the way it used be be installed in Windows 95. To bad it doesn't work for some of my other devices like my Canon Scanner. But hey 1 out of 3 features from my Windows 7 machine is better than none I guess. Just need to reinstall my Windows XP\Vista on a Virtual Machine.
==============No Longer Valid Windows Media Center Installation Information End==============

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.