How to install Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface on Windows 10

I have been trying to get Teredo tunneling adapter to work for quite some time now. Every post seems to lead to the same conclusions which is not helpful at all.

As you can you see i have Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter. That is NOT what i am asking for. How do i get the Teredo Pseudo Interface adapter? That is what i am missing. I am pretty sure I have isolated the problem considering I have tried a lot of "solutions" but none have worked. This is most likely what i need to fix my teredo issue.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot with the issue:

Step 1. Modify TCPIPv6 Parameters through Windows Registry.

1. Open Windows Registry Editor. To do that:

1. Press “Windows” + “R” keys to load the Run dialog box.
  2. Type “regedit” and press Enter.

2. Inside Windows Registry, navigate (from the left pane) and highlight this key.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\TCPIP6\Parameters

3. At the right pane, double-click to modify the DisabledComponents key.

4. Set the DisabledComponents Value data to 0 (Zero) and select OK.

5. Close Registry Editor.

6. Restart your computer.

(Windows should reinstall Teredo Tunneling adapter automatically.)

7. Navigate to device management.

8. Check if the Teredo tunneling adapter exists and working in device manager. To do that:

• From the View menu choose Show hidden devices.
  • If the device manager's screen doesn't show any errors (and is without an exclamation mark) next to MS Teredo Tunneling Adapter then your problem is solved and the Teredo tunneling should work without problems.

If you face a screen with a yellow exclamation mark next to Microsoft Teredo Tunneling adapter.

Step 2: Uninstall all Teredo Tunneling Adapters & Interfaces.

1. Right-Click and Uninstall the Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface.

2. Uninstall also all Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapters (e.g. Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter #2 or #3 or #4, etc.)

3. Re-install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter by following the steps from this tutorial: How to install Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

4. If after re-installing teredo tunneling, you still have problems then proceed to Step 3

Step 3. Enable Teredo Client using NETSH command

1. Right click at Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.

2. At command prompt window type the following commands in this order and press Enter after typing each one of them.

• netsh
  • int teredo
  • set state disabled
  • int ipv6
  • set teredo client

3. Close command prompt.

5. Open Device manager.

6. Select View > Show Hidden Devices. The Teredo Tunneling Pseudo Interface reappears and should be working without problems now.

Registry disclaimer

To do so: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Please reply with the results, we are happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 2,638 Applies to: