(error 0x000007d1) on Printer

Hello;

Since I have updated to the new version 1803, my Brother's HL-L2340DW Mono Laser printer will not print, and receive this error code. I have uninstalled this drivers and program 3 time and reinstalled it. It is setup for wireless. It says that the printer is there and working, but no print. It says that it has a invalid driver. So, somewhere in your programming of 1803 version Microsoft had changed something. Because it used to work flawlessly. I don't think this is a Brother's driver problem, but a Microsoft drivers problem. Fix it please! I want my printer to work again. And don't tell me it is a Brother's problem when I know it all started with the version of 1803. This is a screen shot of the error code that I get. I was trying to print a test page.

Thank You

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Answer
Answer
I did this and it fixed the problem.

Hi Everyone,

Engineering has asked for you guys to try the following workaround to see if it fixes your issue:

NOTE:

1. Please submit feedback on Feedback Hub before trying this workaround
  2. Please reply/mark this as helpful if you it works for you

Workaround:

1. Press windows key + R. Type 'regedit' in the Open box, and then click OK.
  2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey if it exists: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PostSPUpgrade
  3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the removal of the PostSPUpgrade registry key.
  4. Restart your PC (OR run ‘net stop spooler’ followed by ‘net start spooler’ from an elevated command prompt).

it finally worked after hours of attempts.

155 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi Everyone,

Engineering has asked for you guys to try the following workaround to see if it fixes your issue:

NOTE:

1. Please submit feedback on Feedback Hub before trying this workaround
  2. Please reply/mark this as helpful if you it works for you

Workaround:

1. Press windows key + R. Type 'regedit' in the Open box, and then click OK.
  2. Locate, and then click the following registry subkey if it exists: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\PostSPUpgrade
  3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click Yes to confirm the removal of the PostSPUpgrade registry key.
  4. Restart your PC (OR run ‘net stop spooler’ followed by ‘net start spooler’ from an elevated command prompt).

46 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 28, 2024 Views 34,145 Applies to: