DVDs won't play with my Windows 10 PC

I purchased a new ASUS PC about 2 years ago which runs on Windows 10.  I am not able to play movies on DVDs, regardless if they are genuine DVDs or movies burnt to a DVD.  I am however able to play audio CDs no problem.   After inserting a DVD into the drive, the title will be displayed when looking in File Explorer/This PC, but the movie won't start.  Here is what I did so far:

1. Autorun is enabled

2. I have the latest driver installed

3. Tried uninstalling/re-installing the DVD, same issue

4. I have verified the DVD region, it is set to Region 1 (Canada/US)

5. Tried to open Windows Media Player and open the movie file, WMP says "no disk". 

Interesting fact is that I have connected an external DVD player to this PC and I'm experiencing the same issue.   This tells me that the problem may not be related to the driver or even the DVD player itself.  Any thoughts?  What else could prevent the DVD to play?  I really don't know what else I can do.  Thanks for your help.

Answer
Answer
These are add-ons for WMP.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17777/...

You might also install Codecs
codecguide.com/

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 3, 2023 Views 4,895 Applies to: