DTS Heaphone Not Working on Windows 10 - Resolved

There have been quite a few posts recently about fixes for the DTS Headphone App not working on Windows 10. In particular, most people have a variation of the ASUS Tuf FX505 gaming laptop. This solution should also work for other laptops as well.

I've found several solutions with confusing answers, however I came across this answer that instantly resolved the issue!!!

Step 1: Uninstall DTS Headphone:X 1.1 on windows

Step 2: Go to Device Manager and make sure your audio drivers have been updated.

Type 'Device Manager' in windows search and open it.

Go down to Sound, Video and Game Controllers, right click Realtek Audio and click update driver.

If it prompts you to restart your pc then restart.

Step 3: Download the later DTS driver from your PC's support site. In this instance I went to the ASUS Support Site.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Download-Center/

Step 4: Unzip the driver folder. Right click on DTS_install_HPXv1 and run as administrator.

Step 5: Go back into the ASUS Support and you'll see another DTS Headphone download that's available. It should take you through to the Microsoft Store to install the DTS Headphone app.

Step 6: Once that's installed, go to the 'DTS_HPXv1_UWP_APO3x_Asus_EXT_1.0.18.1_RS5' folder in the driver download file and copy the file 'dtsapo3oemconfig.xml'.

Step 7: Go to 'C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO3x' and paste the file in there.

IT SHOULD NOW WORK!!! Remember to restart your pc at the end of this. I hope you found this helpful, best of luck and happy listening!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi there, thanks for your helpful tutorial in fixing the DTS Headphone. I followed your guide most closely but I can't seem to find the DTS Component Driver update listed in your screenshot. Any help with that?

By the way, I am using an ASUS TUF GAMING FX505 DD computer.

Thanks in advance.

Hello Mizuna Tsubasa

I had also faced such a problem after reinstalling windows by formatting the previous one.

But know I had tried what @loveyou300 has said. And it is working know.

What u have missed is that you had only seen the audio driver of Realtek which is displaying front.

But you have to check "DTS COMPONENT DRIVER" from "OTHERS" (Expand it by clicking show all).

from here:

After download the 

Unzip the driver folder. Right-click on DTS_install_HPXv1 and run as administrator.

Then

Go back into the ASUS Support and you'll see another "DTS Headphone X v1 UWP" which is available in "UTILITIES"(EXPAND IT). It should take you through to the Microsoft Store to install the DTS Headphone app and install it from there.

Now

Once that's installed, go to the 'DTS_HPXv1_UWP_APO3x_Asus_EXT_1.0.18.1_RS5' folder in the driver download file and copy the file 'dtsapo3oemconfig.xml'.

(if you haven't found it search it from the search bar of whole folder.)

Then

Go to 'C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO3x' and paste the file in there.

AT LAST PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO RESTART YOUR PC.

HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY IT! (AFTER INSTALLATION)

Hey there Nitish Ratnala, thanks so much for your speedy reply.

Yes, I felt like a fool when you pointed out the correct files were there all along, hidden underneath my very own eyes. Again, I went through both yours and Loveyou3000 instructions most carefully and voila, DTS Headphone X V1 is up and running! Now that's real music to my ears.

Thanks and praying you guys are staying safe wherever you may be! God bless you.

I have follow exactly what you have said but it don't work for me

in utilities dtx is not there (after expanding too)

Hello, I followed your steps closely and it did not work. I still see the error...what can I do?.... :(

Edited: The 1st DTS driver set you download is in the Others (show all) section and the 2nd set is in the Utilities (show all) section. This solution worked for me once I re-read the instructions.

No DTS headphone driver update appears for me. Looking at the MS store, the only DTS app is a trial for their for-purchase products.

It appears that DTS has killed the functionality of the app that came with the laptop (ASUS TUF FX505DY in my case) with an update in order to force its purchase.

Dts driver will now update using MS Store. you should download the driver in the ASUS website. 

https://www.asus.com/Laptops/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX505DY/HelpDesk_Download/

I re-read everything trying to see if I could get to the driver where I couldn't before. What I missed from the original post was that the first DTS driver set was in the "Others" section and then the DTS Headphone driver was in the "Utilities" section. It was there in the instructions, but I missed it. I'm going to edit my original post. It did work

Thanks!

I would say that is not useful for me T_T, my one is ASUS TUF Gaming A15 version, and I can't find the exactly same software in utilities. I guess my version of computer banned the possibility of downloading it? Can anyone provide a solution to help me? I don't want to listen to poor music control ANYMORE!

Discussion Info

Last updated December 1, 2020 Views 4,548 Applies to: