Creators Update [1709] - More than one Nvidia GPU not working

Hi, 

besides the fact that Win10 installed the update even though auto updates were disabled and with the tons of the usual problems, there is one major one, which still remained after a clean reinstallation.

I with this Win10 version I can use just one GPU. It does not matter if I use 2,3 or 4 GPUs and in whatever (nonsense) viarity I set them up, the problem is always the same. When I open the device manager there is the little warning sign visible on each but the 1. GPU, when I click on either of GPU 2-4 it says the reason this card cannot be used is CODE 12 = Bios/Uefi doesn't support the card with enough power. Well I tried the possible solutions for this problem, but unsurprisingly they did NOT work, 'cause as I guessed from the very start onward this problem is caused by Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. 
So now I am either forced to reset / reinstall it to a previous version or wait some days and hope for a hotfix update. 

Oh and btw it does not matter which driver version you use.

In case you ask: No not any of my devices has any kind of dmg, everything works perfectly fine!

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello,

This issue might have occurred due to some compatibility issues. For us to efficiently assist you with your concern, we advise that you check if your computer is compatible with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. You may refer to the Forum Article below:

Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10

We're looking forward to your response.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I have the same issue. I have 2 GTX 1080 which were working fine before the Fall creator update.

Now, one of them is reporting "Code 12: not enough resources".

I've try to update all drivers, for each device in the devices manager, no luck.
I've try disabling some devices, no effect.

I'm willing to give you all the information you want to help you fix this issue.

What was working under Creator update should work under Fall update.

Thank you.

.Alex.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here my CPU-Z report:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!ApxsneVlthHqdJPR_AZClyY54cA

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you honestly might as well save your breath, There are a million posts about this on the MS support forums and their "techs" are just ignoring it and telling people to check a list of pre-bought laptops to see if your system is compatible. Pray that Nvidia comes out with a driver soon

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Looks like I might have good news!

After a couple of days working with Microsoft Tech support, we were able to update my Windows 10 to the latest version 1709.

Well, the whole problem with installing the update was my second monitor on the NVidia GeForce GT 720.

I tried updating the driver using Chrome to download and install ver 388.31 but failed.

I used Internet Explorer to auto detect the compatible driver. To do so, it required an update to Java. Once done, it detected that Ver 388.31 is the latest compatible version released 11/15/2017. I successfully downloaded and installed the driver.

Restarted the computer and connected the second monitor. I got an error message blue screen that caused the computer to restart.

Once restarted with the monitor connected,  it worked fine with no issues.

I hope this is it the and problem is solved.

Good luck to you guys!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sad but true. I'm another one of them.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

This issue might have occurred due to some compatibility issues. For us to efficiently assist you with your concern, we advise that you check if your computer is compatible with the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. You may refer to the Forum Article below:

If our computer is not compatible, why did Windows update anyway?
As users, what we experience is: One day our computer is working and the other day you have completely ruined our computer. And we do not have much choice.
Also, why would our computers suddenly not be compatible with Windows 10 due to an update for Windows 10?
I don't believe there is a compatibility issue. I think you have introduced a bug and that you Stephanie are too incompetent for your job.

49 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

In your response regarding compatibility issues, this cannot be the case.  I am having the very same issue and my computer is less than a year old.  There is absolutely something wrong with the way Windows 10 configures computers/laptops use of GPU's.  In fact my NVIDIA GPU (NO MATTER WHAT DRIVER IN OR OUT OF SAFE MODE) will not work and the OS will only allow the use of an Intel card.  This is really frustrating for users of Windows 10 (like me) that can no longer roll back the Windows version on account that it completely crashed my laptop.

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

After doing extensive research I'm fairly sure this is a problem with how windows is allocating PCI-e lanes (processor to IO bus inter connects). by default GPU's uses 16 PCI-e lanes from the processor to a GPU, although theoretically a GPU only needs one (you just need more if your memory requirement throughput goes up). So your laptop/computer is probably only using less than 8 PCI-e lanes for its GPU and windows by default thinks it needs at least 8 and nopes out. we just need to wait for a fix

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks.  I have reverted to the earlier 1703 build and placed the computer on a metered internet connection.  Nvidia SLI is working.  I hope the fix is announced to the world so I can have a working computer and upgrades again.  Such a pain.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 1, 2019 Views 17,329 Applies to: