Changing WewbCam from Integrated to a DSLR

Hello,

I downloaded from Canon: EOS Webcam Utility Beta 0.9.0 for Windows and my LapTop recognizes my Canon 90D, I can change settings, download photos, etc. 

However, Skype and my laptop only recognize my Integrated camera for Video. The Skype option to choose camera only offers the Integrated camera..

How do I change my default Webcam to the DSLR?

WINDOWS10,  64-bit

Hello AlanTZR,

My Name is Paul one of the Community Advisor and a Microsoft Consumer like you. To be able to achieve that you need to install a 3rd party application on your computer first and here's the link.

https://www.video-stitch.com/how-to-use-dslr-as...

Please let me know if you have additional questions and i will try to get back to you as soon as I can.

Regards and stay safe.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just want the method to change from an integrated webcam to my DSLR.  Or, for that matter, to any exterior Webcam.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It depends on the video communication that you are using and under its settings you will be able to choose which camera to use. For example zoom or skype. You need to go to the settings of those app and choose your DSLR as the default camera.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My Challenge in Skype is that only the Integrated Camera is available.  Even though the Canon 90D displays in My Devices, Skype does not register the 90D as being available.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Alan, by default for SKYPE it looks like that you cannot achieve that since it will not going to read your DSLR sa web camera and you need to have a 3rd party application and tweak it settings to make it work please refer to this youtube guide instead. Your DSLR will only work for skype via screen sharing or camera feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch7qbyjy8h8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXhYgybNz0I

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 26, 2021 Views 344 Applies to: