Cant get higher than 1366X768 resolution

Ok I have installed win 10 on 6 different computers.  I have this same problem on my Dell Inspiron and Dell XPS laptops.  Both have the ability to Display at a lot higher resolutions (they were set there before install) but I cant seem to get the resolution to go above 1366x768.  I have removed and reinstalled the newest drivers for the graphics cards.  I have even installed old ones, but to no avail. The highest resolution available is 1366x768.

Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2018 Views 1,637 Applies to:
Thank you for your reply but this has already been attempted

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and for your interest on Windows 10.
I can understand the inconvenience that you are facing with the issue. We are here to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Change Resolution.

Follow below steps to change resolution.

1. Type Display Settings in search bar.

2. Go to Display Settings, and select Advance Sizing of text and other settings under Related Settings.

3. Go to Adjust Resolution and go to Resolution.

4. Change the Resolution as per requirement, Click on Ok.

5. Check weather changes are reflecting or not.

If you are unable to change resolution then update Display Drivers and try to change the resolution.

Method 2:

Further, if there no updated drivers available on the computer manufacturer’s website, then trying installing it in compatibility mode. Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.
Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.
a. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
b. Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation.
Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Method 3: Un-install and re-install latest display drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps: 

Step 1: Follow these steps:

1. Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

2. Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

3. Right click on the display drivers and select “Uninstall”.

4. Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Step 2: To install it in the compatibility mode, follow these steps:

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

a) Download the latest display driver from the manufacturer’s website.

b) Right-click on the audio driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.

c) Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 10 operating system from the drop down menu.

d) Now proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer.

This information should help. If you need further assistance regarding Windows, please post. We will be happy to help you.

Thanks and regards.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.