Cannot burn DVDs after upgrading to Windows 10 Pro x64bit. Please help.

I already upgraded my Dell Vostro 5560 into Windows 10 Pro x64 from Windows 8.1 Pro x64 in the evening of 29th July 2015 from Myanmar.

Two days after upgrade, 31st July, I tried to burn Windows 10 ISO image onto DVD and I can't burn from both Windows built-in tool and Nero.

My DVD drive works perfectly with Windows 8.1 Pro and also I can read CD, DVD and write CD and DVD in Windows 8.1 Pro. I think the problem is with the upgrade of Windows 10 and I don't want to downgrade it also. My DVD drive is HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GUA0N.

Is there any possible upgrade to my DVD drive?

Firmware?

Drivers?

Please help. Please find and give me the latest upgrade firmware or drivers for my DVD drive. Thanks.

If your DVD drive came with a CD installer for the driver, you might want to try the basics first by reinstalling the driver. If you get a pop-up about compatibility issue with the driver, visit the manufacturer's website and check if they have updated driver for Windows 10 or at least the latest version that works with Windows 10.

Alternatively, if you have the encircled items below under Device Manager, right-click and uninstall them all. Then Reboot your PC.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a pc TOSHIBA SATELLITE C640,after my upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7 home basic I cannot burn disc in my DVD DRIVE if any one can please advice and help me with this

75 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Not helpful, I have none of those options (ATA Channel) installed under device manager.  Systems sees the device, attempts to format and then I get an error msg saying Windows cannot complete the format.

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, I figured it out.  Instead of formatting the disk like I was used to doing in Win 7 and using the USB/Flash Drive option, I now just use the CD/DVD option and it works perfectly fine.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2020 Views 4,950 Applies to: