blutooth pairing and connecting problems.

I have SoundBot SB270 Bluetooth headphones. With my previous windows 10 tablet it worked very good. I have bought a new tablet with factory installed Windosc10. I have tried to pair the headset and had problems. It gets stuck as it beings to pair. Sometimes it connects before it finishes the pairing. But there never is audio. Only on shut down an on reboot. And after the reboot it cannot connect.

I would very much appreciate help on this

THANK YOU

Answer
Answer

Hi Maury,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Windows 10 changed the status text in the Settings app for Bluetooth devices.  Bluetooth devices will only show as “Connected” when the device is actually in use and transferring data.  When the device is not active, the status will show as “Paired”.

Make sure Discovery is enabled for your Bluetooth devices.  (Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth > More Bluetooth options.  Then make sure “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC” is enabled.) Then try removing and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device.

At first, I would suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check the result.

a. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar and press “Enter”.

• b. In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

• c. Click on “Hardware and Devices”.

• d. Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

• e. Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Also, try the suggestions as below:

1.  Check Windows Update for driver updates.

a. Swipe in from the right to bring up the charms, and select Settings.

b. Tap or click Change PC Settings.

c. Select Update and recovery, then select Windows Update.

d. Select Check for updates. Make sure to look at the Optional updates in the results.

2. Check the device manufacturer’s site for updated drivers.

3. Check the radio manufacturer’s site for updates. To determine what make and model of Bluetooth radio you have:

a. Swipe in from the right to bring up the charms and select Search, and search for device manager. Open Device Manager from the search results.

b. In Device Manager, expand Bluetooth, and look for a device with a name starting with Broadcom, Intel, or Qualcomm Atheros (these are the major radio manufacturers). Check the website of your radio manufacturer for driver updates.

c. If you don’t see one of these manufacturers, but instead see Generic Bluetooth Adapter:

i.  Press-and-hold or right-click on Generic Bluetooth Adapter, and select Properties

ii. Select the Advanced tab.

iii. Note the number next to Manufacturer ID.

iv. Find that manufacturer ID on this page: https://www.bluetooth.org/en-us/specification/assigned-numbers/company-identifiers (Common ones will be 2 = Intel, 15 = Broadcom, 69 = Atheros)

4. Once you have updated your Bluetooth drivers, please try using your device again. In many cases, updating to the latest drivers will resolve the issue. In some instances, you may need to un-pair and re-pair the device from the Bluetooth settings (from the Settings charm, select Change PC Settings, and then select Bluetooth) to completely fix the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

• 2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 8, 2020 Views 2,139 Applies to: