Question

Q: Audio Enhancements Problem

When I try to access the sound settings on the Control Panel, I get a dialogue box that states, "Windows has detected that audio enhancements for the following device are causing problems: Headphones (Conexant SmartAudio HD). Would you like to disable Driver Enhancements for this device?" Also, when I play video games, the audio stops working sometimes after mere minutes of gameplay. Can you address this issue? 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello, JackAttack95!

Have you tried updating your device driver? If not, please try it out.

And if the problem remains, please disable the driver enhancements since they're the ones which seem to be causing the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried updating the device driver. Apparently, my audio drivers are up to date. If I disable driver enhancements, what would happen? Thanks. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Driver enhancements give you some special sound effects that will enhance your audio experience.

The steps to disable driver enhancements are listed below:

a.     Click Start.

b.     Type Sound in the Start search box and click Sound from the available options.

c.     On the Playback tab, click Speakers and then click Properties.

d.     Click the Enhancements tab and then select the Disable all enhancements check box.

If disabling driver enhancements doesn't help, please follow the steps given below:

a. Right click on volume icon in system tray.
b. Select Playback Devices. Select the Speakers icon, and click Properties.
c.  Select the Enhancements tab.
d. Scroll down to Loudness Equalization and check the box.
e. Click Apply.

If the above given methods do not help, please uninstall your Audio driver, restart your PC and again install it.

Sorry this didn't help.

3 people were helped by this reply

Just in case, how do I update my device driver? And which one do I update? I just want to make sure I did it right. Also, is there anything bad about disabling driver enhancements? Is it reversible?

Sorry this didn't help.

The Audio Enhancements error dialogue box arises when after I search and select Sound in the Start Menu. Basically, I can't even access the properties for Sounds. Should I just disable the enhancements for Headphones (Conexant SmartAudio HD)?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Not to be rude, but nothing that you're suggesting is fixing anything.

Sorry this didn't help.

55 people were helped by this reply

just click on Re-Enable and you are good to go, I have also the same problem and I resolve it by clicking on Re-Enable. Hope it works for you :)

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm shocked that Microsoft community can't fix this issue - stop giving generic answers, yes updated drivers, yes unplugged it and plugged back in, yes clicked on enable, yes clicked on disable - does not work. Surround sound is the problem, as it seems - but this is annoying. Further, when this happens computer is very sluggish and no sound application wants to open - TeamSpeak, Twitch, even right click on the speaker icon does not work!

Yes I've disabled HDMI audio, onboard card disabled as well, installed earlier version of software, check - still a problem! Can this be fixed?

Sorry this didn't help.

6 people were helped by this reply

were you able to find a solution to this? this is happening to me after i just built my pc

Sorry this didn't help.

were you able to find a solution to this? this is happening to me after i just built my pc

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 12,978 Last updated: June 15, 2018 Applies to: