• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

All System32 drivers are suddenly unsigned in Windows 10

rosspace asked on

I received an error while signing in that Windows defender could not load. After rebooting the system failed multiple times and went to the advanced recovery options screen. After disabling device driver signature enforcement I was able to log in again. Following instructions at https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askcore/2012/04/15/troubleshooting-boot-issues-due-to-missing-driver-signature-x64/ I used the sigcheck tool to check the drivers listed in the CodeIntegrity log and they all appear to be unsigned.

These are all drivers inside System32. Why did all my windows drivers suddenly become unsigned and is there a way to fix this without reinstalling windows? If I disable signature enforcement I can get into my machine and everything works except for Defender which still won't startup.

Example errors in log:

Code Integrity was unable to load the Microsoft-Windows-Common-Drivers-minkernel-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.14393.0.cat catalog. Status 0xC0000034.

Code Integrity determined an unsigned kernel module \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\drivers\cdrom.sys is loaded into the system. Check with the publisher to see if a signed version of the kernel module is available.

1 person had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Rui Quintino replied on

I had very similar symptoms, could boot only with the  "Disable drivers signature enforcement" option.

I was able to recover it permanently without full install. Described in detail on the link below, required to copy missing files from another similar Win10 setup. 

Been working and rebooting fine for a few days, now waiting for the next major windows update to see how it goes. Meantime, working fine.

detail:

Recovering from Windows 10 boot Blue Screen, Critical Service Failed, Disable drivers signature enforcement, Unsigned Drivers

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Rhina Vib replied on

To resolve this issue, you will need to install Windows 10 by clicking this link.

Let us know how it goes.

Be the first person to mark this helpful

Abuse history

progress