• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

After the DVD drive disappeared the only option is RESET as Recovery is not possible

mysorian asked on

The recent update about 10 days ago made by DVD drive disappear. I normally do not use this drive but I was trying to create a virtual drive to mount an .ISO file and that is when I found that the drive has disappeared. I cannot recover to an earlier update as that option is greyed out.

The only option is resetting the PC. I have lots and lots of programs installed and those needs reinstalling.

What Microsoft should do if they are serious about this 'anniversary' stuff and all is to have  standby arrangement if things do not work as expected. This is downright ridiculous.

Has Microsoft come up with a solution?

1 person had this question

Abuse history

progress