Windows keep updating graphic driver and make my pc crash ( hd 7970m crossfire / Alienware M17X R2)

Hi,

I have a problem with windows 10, in fact two problems.

The first one is that i can't use any newer driver than AMD 16.2, i will get the error "thread stucki in device driver" all the time and more and more sooner. No problem at all with windows 7 for that.

The second one, i can't keep the OS update and stop the graphic card update ... i have tried i can assure you, using the method in the "gestionnaire de périphérique" , i don't know how to call it in english, the panel where you have all the compoent and there drivers, all the usb ports etc ...

It keep updating the driver.

Is there a way to completely stop that ? In the registre or something, i hate to let my computer at idle doing stuff and come back to see it with the last driver, crashing all the time and all my work lost !

After that i have to use DDU in no error mode, delete all the driver, reboot install the 16.2 again, reboot disable ULPS again ... It's really anoying.

My computer :

Alienware M17X R2 ( the one from 2011 not the latest one )

I7 920 XM

Crossfire ( 2 cards ) of HD 7970m , upgraded from stock card ( HD 4870m or HD 5870m ) , no problem at all in windows 7 

SSD and HDD

6 Gb ram

Did someone has a solution, or can this be sent to windows 10 dev so they can look at this problem ? really common as i have found during my research on internet. 

***Post moved by the Forum Moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2018 Views 131 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Seeing as the issue is with Windows 10 Auto Updates on your video Driver, you can stop Windows 10 updating that particular driver if you are running Windows 10 Pro and can get into Group Policy - Click HERE for a Step-by-Step on how to do that . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.