Windows 10 - Video_TDR_Failure (NVLDDMKM.SYS) Video TDR Failure - BSOD - Win 10

Hello,
I recently upgraded to Windows 10, since upgrading I'm having pretty regular BSOD Crashes where the following error message appears;

VIDEO TDR FAILURE (nvlddmkm.sys)

It appears to happen at completly random times, could be watching a youtube video, opening a reddit page or just playing a song on itunes. I've updated to the most recent Nvidia drivers but to no avail. I also tried to follow the following instructions from this youtube video.

This has not been an issue on 8.1 and I have swapped out my video card with another that is working perfectly and the problem is persisting.

I have also uninstalled and done a fresh install of Win 8.1 which works without any issue. Upgraded to Win 10 and problem returns.

In an attempt to troubleshoot this I have downgraded my video drivers to windows 8 versions with no improvement. BSOD's are random, though seem to be triggered by graphically intensive pages or loads. Puts the system into power save mode followed by BSOD error and Reboot.

Nvidia thread on the problem is here

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/729041/video_tdr_failure-nvlddmkm-sys-/

Anyone have a legit fix?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Blue screen error 0x00000119, also shown as VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE or VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR, is likely due to a problem with the display driver for your graphics card.

Graphic card manufacturers continually update their drivers to resolve such errors.  If you are experiencing this blue screen error:

• Check Windows Update to see if any driver updates are available.
• Check the website of your graphics card manufacturer and install the latest drivers.
• If you are still experiencing this error with the latest display drivers installed, we recommend monitoring the graphics card manufacturer’s website for updated drivers and installing them when they are available.

Rohit Chettri
Forum Moderator

281 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 24, 2024 Views 420,313 Applies to: