WEBCAM MIC does not working on Windows 10

I have spoken directly with Microsoft technicians, multi technicians, who want to give the appearance they are not familiar with Windows 10 and Webcam "mics" not working on Windows 10.  I have researched personally every option I can find, nothing has corrected it.  Microsoft technical support "cannot" correct the issue.  This is quite apparent an issue with WINDOWS 10 yet no fix after nearly 2 years. 

I only became aware of the mic issue when attempting to establish Skype to communicate with my parents.  Now I find this is a none issue to it appears, the rest of the World yet others who have posted have been advised by Microsoft technicians to switch back to older versions of Windows.    

Does Bill Gates still own Microsoft?   All of his philanthropic efforts worldwide are greatly appreciated but does he care that "the thing" that made him wealthy--IS BROKEN!   

I am in the midst of another attempt with Microsoft technical support, told my case #1384.....4 has been escalated to Tier II support.

I have a Logitech C920 webcam.  I have attempted every fix youtube and google suggest.  Does anyone have anything else to share to

help my mic work?  thanks 

Answer
Answer

Hi,

This issue happens if there's a problem on the recording settings of your computer.

We suggest following these methods on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Run the hardware and device troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + X keys on your keyboard and select Control Panel.
  2. Type Troubleshooting in the search bar of the Control Panel window.
  3. Click on Hardware and Sound under Troubleshoot computer problems.
  4. Click on Hardware and Devices under Device.
  5. Click on Advanced and select Run as administrator. (Enter credentials if prompted)
  6. Click on Next and follow the instruction to complete the hardware and device troubleshooter.

If the issue still persist, follow the method below.

Method 2: Check if the microphone is not disabled and set as default.

1. Right-click the volume icon on the lower right part of your computer screen then select Recording devices.
  2. Right-click on an empty space and make sure that the Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices are ticked.
  3. Click on Microphone then select Properties. Make sure that the microphone is enabled.
  4. Check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

65 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 67,301 Applies to: