Sound not working on WIndows 10, No Playback Devices Installed, Does not work even when plugging in Headphones.

So, I have had windows 10 for about 3 months, but it was only recently that this problem started occurring. IN the beginning everything was working ok, but one day sound suddenly stopped working. It would get fixed by itself in the start, and the headphones would usually work, but this has stopped happening as well. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the sound drivers many times, but nothing seems to work. Also, when I go to playback devices, it tells me that there are no playback devices installed, even when I plug in my headphones. I don't know how this started occurring, but I haven't been able to use sound on my laptop for a while. I am running Windows 10 on a HP ProBook 650 G2. Thanks in Advance for the help!

Question Info

Last updated November 5, 2019 Views 6,048 Applies to:

Hi,

Follow these steps below:

1. Open Start, enter Device Manager, and select it from the list of results. Under Sound, video, and game controllers, select your sound card, open it, select the Driver tab, and select Update Driver. If Windows doesn't find a new driver, look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions.

If that didn't work, try this:

2. Uninstall your audio driver: open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select Uninstall. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

And if that didn't work, try using the generic audio driver that comes with Windows. Here's how:

3. Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) your audio driver > Update driver software.> Browse my computer for driver software > Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer, select High Definition Audio Device, select Next, and follow the instructions to install it.

You also contact the equipment manufacturer of your device.

11 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you so much! The last one fixed my problem! I have been working and working on this!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.