Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller very slow upload speed problem

Since few days I had a slow internet problem.  After diagnostic I find that the problem was the upload speed for my Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller upload problem.  Speed Test give me 16ms ping, 32 mb/s download speed and 0.00 mb/s speed.  I test my modem and router with another computer and I have 10 mb/s upload speed on the other computer.

I've upgrade the driver to the last version from realtek site (to version 10.3.723.2015) but it didn't solve the problem.

My computer is a HP H8 1020

Thank you for help

Hello JF Breton,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

As per the issue description you are not getting the proper download/upload speed when connected to internet. There can be a number of reasons for slow Wi-Fi connection in Windows, some common issues that can cause these problems are:

• Corrupted or incompatible drivers.
  • Missing updates.
  • Network connection settings.
  • Hardware or software problems.
  • Inappropriate distance from the router or obstruction.
  • Interference with other devices.

A wireless network router has a limited broadcast range. The further the computer is from the router, the weaker the broadcast signal. Solid objects, such as walls, metal furniture, and electrical appliances might interfere with the signal and decrease the usable range.

For testing purposes, move the computer closer to the router and minimize interference from electrical devices. If testing the connection with the computer near to the router proves that the wireless connection does not disconnect at a significant interval, you can move the computer to determine the range of the connection.

Let’s first run the Network and Network Adapter troubleshooter and check if that provides any useful information regarding this issue.

Step 1:

Run the Network Troubleshooter

The Network troubleshooter is an automated tool which can find and automatically fix some common networking problems. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b)       Type “Network Troubleshooter” in the search box.

c)       Click on “Identify and repair network problems” on the left pane of the window.

d)       Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Please check the troubleshooting report and let’s know the details. You may also try the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps. Let’s also run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Step 2:

Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter

The Network Adapter troubleshooter is an automated tool which will check the adapter in the computer for any known issues and provides the details and on how to fix them. Follow these steps and run the troubleshooter.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b)       Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press “Enter”.

c)       In the “Troubleshooting” window, click on “View All” on the left pane.

d)       Click on “Network Adapter”.

e)       Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.

f)        Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Please check the troubleshooting report and let’s know the details. You may also try the suggestions given by the troubleshooter and check if that helps.

The issue could also be related to the Network Adapter drivers and other updates. I want to inform you that updates will be released by Microsoft. So, I would suggest you to keep checking your Windows updates not only important one but optional too. If any available try to install them and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

First try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the Network Adapter drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

If issue still persists, then install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab5&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

For more information and suggestions regarding the Network and Network Adapter issues, you may also refer to these articles:

Wired and wireless network problems

Why can't I connect to a network?

How do I fix network adapter problems?

Note: These articles are for Windows 8/8.1 but steps hold good for Windows 10

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh Kumar.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you,

in order to help you there is more detail :

• No change in hardware have been done
  • My computer was shut for 1 week and the next tuesday the problem start to show
  • I've tried to disable the "LSO" as pointed by this article (http://www.peerwisdom.org/2013/04/03/large-send-offload-and-network-performance/) but no change.  
  • I've tried many browser
  • I've called my ISP and they told me the signal was good.
  • Ping request time-out
  • tracert command is very slow and time-out eventually
  • I've also tried to disable QOS (as pointed by a forum article) but it change nothing

Thank you in advance

Sorry this didn't help.

It's not the WIFI but the wired connection that have problems.  The WIFI work fine with my other computer.

The 2 step about troubleshooting find nothing : it gave me the message "Troubleshooting couldn't identify the problem".  There is the result :

Details about network adapter diagnosis: 

Network adapter Ethernet driver information:

Description . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
   Manufacturer  . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
   Provider  . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek
   Version   . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.3.723.2015
   Inf File Name . . . . . . . . . : C:\WINDOWS\INF\oem7.inf
   Inf File Date . . . . . . . . . : jeudi 20 août 2015  06:12:14
   Section Name  . . . . . . . . . : RTL8168E.ndi
   Hardware ID . . . . . . . . . . : pci\ven_10ec&dev_8168&rev_06
   Instance Status Flags . . . . . : 0x180200a
   Device Manager Status Code  . . : 0
   IfType  . . . . . . . . . . . . : 6
   Physical Media Type . . . . . . : 14

For the rest of the message I've red carefully but nothing seems to apply.  My upgrade to windows 10 has been done weeks before the upload problem happen but windows update could have installed patch because it runs automatically. 

So in conclusion the problem is still there

Sorry this didn't help.

Is it possible to have a follow up please?  As I already said it'a a wired connection, not a wireless.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the exact same problem after updating to Windows 10 - speedtest.net is indicating my download speed is 80+MB/s, and my upload speed is 0.60 MB/s.  Before upgrading to Windows 10 I was getting 80+MB/s in both directions (FIOS internet).

I have a laptop connected to the same router running windows 10 - it gets 80+ both directions.

I tried swapping internet cables (these are both wired connections) - no difference.

I tried plugging the cables directly into the cable modem - the laptop gets 80/80, the home computer gets 80/0.60.

I bought a new PCI network card (Tenda TEL9901G).  Unfortunately it uses the same Realtek driver (which I've updated, uninstalled, re-installed, etc.) and the new network card gets 80MB/0.60MB.

Did you ever find a solution?

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

This worked for me:

• Open Device Manager
  • Open Network adapters
  • Right-click on Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller, select Properties
  • Click on Advanced tab.
  • Disable everything except for Flow Control
  • Click OK

After doing that, my upload speed increased from 0.3MB/S to 3.60MB/S on internet speed test.

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

PapaSloth,

I ended up buying another new network card (< $10) that shows up "DGE-530T Gigabit Ethernet Adapter".  This doesn't use the Realtek PCIe GBE chip, and the card has worked fine for me (~80/MB upload and download speed - FIOS).    I couldn't get a single driver to work (maxed out at 0.60/MB upload) with the RealTek chip cards.

-David

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

i'm experiencing the same problems with the Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller onboard in my HP Envy. Tried all solutions also LSO, QOS, Disabling all except flow control, driver from microsoft, driver from realtek. computer next to me on same lan gets full bandwith (240 Mb/s Down and 25 Mb/s Up. My Ethernet down is 7 Mb/s and 0.3 Mb/s up. With wifi i get the max of the Wifi bandwith. 

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem with the Realtek PCI GBE Family Controller on windows 10. Other computers/Consoles on my  network have no problems. switched cable, no effect. tried also all of above. Up and down 4Mbits where it should be much higher.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

disabling everything except flow control gives me a wopping 30mb/s out of 200Mb/s.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 17, 2020 Views 18,014 Applies to: