Printer unable to print photos in windows 10

Since my upgrade I am getting an error when trying to print photos (just a generic error that says 'cannot print, printer in error mode'). I can print normally from every other programme, just not photos.  My drivers are up to date, and nothing was identified when running the troubleshooting.  Any idea what the problem is and how to fix it?
|

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions.

1. Are you using the Photos App to print the photos or are you printing the photos directly from the folder?
  2. Are you unable to print photos of a particular format or all formats?
  3. Do you receive any error code?

Please get back to us with the requested information and we'll be glad to assist you. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the reply.

1. I have tried printing both from the app and directly from the folder and neither work. My priority is being able to print from the folder where I have the option to print multiple photos at once.

2.  I started trying to print multiple 3x5s on one page without success, and then tried to print just one full page photo also without success. Have only tried photos of one format, all of which I think are jpegs, so don't have other formats to experiment with.

3. No error code, just says 'unable to print' and then sits in the print queue with 'Error'. Sometimes the job can be cancelled, other times the job just sits there after being cancelled and requires a reboot to clear it.

Hope you can help, many thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us with the requested information. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run the printer troubleshooter from the link provided below:

Fix printer problems 

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Method 2: Check for the issue in a Clean Boot state. A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

* Place the computer in a Clean Boot and check if the issue is occurring due to any third party programs.

Follow the link to view the steps to perform Clean Boot:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer:  Start the computer in normal mode refer the section, "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the link above.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for furtehr assistance. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 12, 2021 Views 2,544 Applies to: