My Bluetooth device is enabled and shows as “Paired”, but isn’t working

My Bluetooth device is enabled and shows as “Paired”, but it isn’t working.  How do I resolve this?
Answer
Answer

Hello,

Windows 10 changed the status text in the Settings app for Bluetooth devices.  Bluetooth devices will only show as “Connected” when the device is actually in use and transferring data.  When the device is not active, the status will show as “Paired”.

Make sure Discovery is enabled for your Bluetooth devices.  (Go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth > More Bluetooth options.  Then make sure “Allow Bluetooth devices to find this PC” is enabled.) Then try removing and then re-pairing the Bluetooth device.

If the issue persists, please reply back to this thread.  In order for us to best understand how to resolve your problem, please make sure to provide:

1. The make and model of your computer

2. The type of Bluetooth device, and it’s driver, version, and date of the driver version

3. Any details you have regarding the symptoms, such as the error code or message you encounter

Any workarounds that you’ve already attempted outside of the steps listed above.

268 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 85,426 Applies to: