Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connection issues

I just got a new Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, plugged it into the TV, and tried to connect with my Surface Pro 3. One or both would say "connecting" at various times, but it wouldn't actually connect. Then neither would say "connecting."

Then I noticed that my Surface WiFi connection was down, which isn't something that happens normally.The Surface refused to connect to the WiFi network when I tried. So I rebooted the Surface, and it connected almost instantly both to the WiFi and the Wireless Display Adapter. I installed the Wireless Display Adapter app and the Adapter firmware update.

I left the room and the Surface went to sleep and lost the connection to the Adapter and the WiFi (normal). When I woke it up, it again wouldn't connect to the Adapter, and I saw that again the WiFi wouldn't connect either. Reboot, AOK.

All devices have all updates applied. I'm not running 3rd party antivirus software. I don't use a VPN.

Any suggestions on how to make this more reliable?

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, however I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + X.

• Go to Device Manager on your Surface Pro 3.

• Go to Display Adapters.

• Search for Intel (HD) graphics driver.

• Uninstall this graphics driver and reboot your Surface Pro 3.

After reboot, an updated Intel (HD) graphics driver should be installed. And this driver might be capable to connect to Microsoft’s Wireless Display Adapter.

You can follow the group discussion by clicking on the link.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfpro3-surfdevice/microsoft-wireless-display-adapter-not-connecting/cd56642b-85f4-410a-8934-b1283ccc04a5?page=8

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Thank & Regards,

SuJata Moktan.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 9, 2020 Views 700 Applies to: