Keyboard issues in WIndows 10

Hi,

I seem to have been having weird problems with my keyboard.  It seems to have happened after I switched my keyboard to a Microsoft Comfort Curve 3000, however I'm not sure that's the sole cause of the problem.

Basically what happens is that after a random period of time, typing on the keyboard causes no characters to display on screen.  Mouse input continues to work.  Rebooting fixes the problem for a random period of time until it happens again.  When the issue occurs, switching to my previous Gigabyte USB keyboard does not resolve the issue.

I've disabled Sticky Keys, Toggle Keys and Filter Keys in Control panel.  Running the Troubleshooting Tool in Windows Control Panel simply wants me to reboot the PC to resolve the issue.  Obviously, continually rebooting is not a suitable resolution to the problem.  Does anyone have any other things I can check to try and sort the problem out?

Main Keyboard: Microsoft Comfort Curve 300

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We're sorry to hear the inconvenience you have experienced.

Suggest you to try with the below mentioned troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Update the Keyboard drivers from Device Manager manually and check if this helps.

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “Keyboards”.

c). Right click on the driver and select “Update Driver Software”. When it prompts to choose an option How do you want to search driver, then go with Search automatically for updated driver software. If you have a driver available on your PC, then select Browse my computer for driver software, then select the appropriate location, where the driver located on your PC for updating it. (Ensure that PC is connected to Internet while performing this step)

d). Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed. If it doesn't fix the issue, then Right click on the same driver and select “Uninstall” then restart the system and let the system install the driver automatically on Start. Check and see if it resolve the issue. (Recommended step)

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had the same problems with my Microsoft Curve 3000 at the same time.
I already have the Curve 3000 since I had Windows 8. I never had problems with this keyborad I really like to use it (before I also had the 1000 and 2000).
I have Windows 10 since 31 July and had no problems. All of a sudden at that time it started.
I thought the keyboard was broken and bought a new 3000, but I had the same issues... So, money lost for no reason.

I have used months a very old keyboard (Trust SK-1689) and everything worked again.
Today I tried the Curve 3000 again and the problems are less after all this time and updates, but I still have after some time (the lenght of time changes after each reboot) problems, but not anymore as in November 2015. When typing, some 'actions' are happening: closing programs, files, deleting all text,... Also the start menu can't be opened anymore, clicking on programs don't open them and much more.
So, because of the Curve 3000 the mouse doesn't work good anymore too...

I don't get it: the Curve 3000 worked without any problems on Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 and since November 2015 it gives a lot of issues. And this keyboard is a Microsoft product. What is the issue? A mistake in an update?

The suport ingeneer let us try do something, but it doesn't channge the problem!
And after all this time Microsoft didn't resolve the problem of their own keyboard with their Windows 10 yet....
I have here now 2 keyboards of Microsoft who are working on other versions of Windows (I tried it) and it worked with Windows 10 also, untill November. And I see I'm noth the only one with this problem.
Isn't it possible the engineers of Microsoft try this keyboard on Windows 10? They will see strange problems will happen after some time. Maybe they will find a sollution????

I have here now 2 Curve 3000, 1 not broken and one totally new one I bought and I can't use them and have to use an old keyboard, not from Microsoft, and it works. The 2 keyboards of Microsoft don't work on Microsoft Windows 10....

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to download the driver for the Curve 3000 on a Microsoft page and... Only drivers for Windows 7 and 8....

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/nl-be/d/comfort-curve-keyboard-3000

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I suggest you to install the key board driver in compatibility mode from the below link and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/comfort-curve-keyboard-3000

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

For Microsoft hardware support you can also contact on below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know, we will be glad to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I suggest you to install the key board driver in compatibility mode from the below link and check if this helps. Follow the below steps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/comfort-curve-keyboard-3000

1. Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

2. Select Compatibility tab.

3. Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

4. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

For Microsoft hardware support you can also contact on below link.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/support

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance on Windows let us know, we will be glad to help you.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series which is a loaner machine while my Inspiron 17" is being repaired. I have serious issues with Dell about the turnaround time frame. The issue with my computer as well as this loaner is a hardware based keyboard problem. At times the entire keyboard will not work other times it works partially. I have reset the machine, deleted the keyboard and Windows 10 then reinstalls the Windows 10 drivers. Has anyone with a Dell experienced these issues? Is this a Windows 10 issue or a Dell hardware issue? Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Get a Mac=end to your problems and frustration with microsoft junk

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 4,067 Applies to: