iPhone headphones microphone problem

Hi,

When windows 10 was finally released to be installed, I installed it and after 1 hour was already done. I was very happy about windows 10, how it works, functions and more. But then I my vacation started I was gone for 7 days, and I when I was back at home, it said that there is a problem in your computer with a sad smiley. And then I reseted my computer and my apps were gone, this is not my problem, the real problem is when I plugged in my iPhone headphones it used to come options to choose between "headset, speakers" and it was one more option too but don't remember. This worked when I installed windows 10 but it did not work after I reset my computer. Now when I try to plug in my iPhones it doesn't come any options to choose. And the microphone itself, is the laptop microphone when I am talking in Skype, and that's really annoying because you can't hear my voice clearly. So I am asking you if you guys could help me, to make the options appear back (headset or speakers) or change the microphone to headset when my headphones are plugged in.

Please, I appreciate your help!

Regards

|

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are happy to help you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the Playing Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

1.       Type troubleshooting in the search bar. 

2.      Select Troubleshooting.

3.      Select View all on the top left corner.

4.      Click on Playing Audio.

5.      Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the sound drivers from the Device Manager and check if it works.

Follow the below steps:

1. Right click on Start button and click on Device Manager.
  2. Expand Sound, video and game controllers and Audio inputs and outputs from the window. 
    Note: Expand the above driver one at a time and follow the below step.
  3. Right click on the Graphic driver and click on Update driver Software.

If the issue persists then try to uninstall the sound drivers from the Device Manager and check.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Can we get a human response? This a MICROHPHONE issue, your 'answer' does not help us, Humans > Bots.

46 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey man, I've been having the same problem but I found a solution to this! :D

1. So go straight to control panel, and adjust the icons to View by: Large icons (top right corner).

2. After that, there should be an icon by the name of 'Realtek HD Audio Manager'. 

3. Once you're in there, on the right-hand side next to the 'ANALOG' sign there should be a folder icon. 

4. Click on that, and a small 'Connector Settings' window should pop up, with a ticking option to 'Enable auto pop-up dialog, when device has been plugged in'. Make sure the box is ticked, press ok and press ok again to exit.

5. Now try plugging your device in again. The 'Realtek HD Audio Manager' window should pop up again, along with a smaller window that says 'The current connected device is:' with three options: Headphone, Headphone with Microphone (iPhone compatible) and Microphone (iPhone compatible). Check the 'Headphone with Microphone 'iPhone compatible' and press ok and exit. 

And there! It should be done and your PC should recognise your mic as a headphone with a microphone! If you want to test if the computer recognises your microphone as an actual mircophone do the following:

a) On the taskbar, right click the sound button and select 'Recording devices'

b) Your 'Microphone' sector, the volume sector, should be moving up and down in different green levels depending on your sound input. 

Hope it works out for you! Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year :)

47 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 16, 2021 Views 40,927 Applies to: