Having difficulty installing Canon LBP6230/6240 printer on Windows 10 HP all in one PC

I could use some help with installing my printer.

I am a mature end user and over the years have successfully moved through numerous MS operating systems which required a short learning curve for each , but have never had a problem installing a printer until now.  My printer is less than 2 years old.  I recently upgraded to a new all in one HP system with Windows 10.  I had a traditional HP desktop system previously with Windows 7.

I have tried using the disk that came with the printer but it didn't seem to work so I was able to locate the driver's readme doc and determined it only works through Windows 8.  I then downloaded from the Canon web site the 64 bit driver for my printer model supposedly good for Windows 10 but although my computer said it installed the printer correctly, when I tried to do a test print I got an error. 

Windows 10 is obviously very different from previous MS OS versions and I am feeling less comfortable navigating it and am not feeling that confident in poking around just yet.  

I am stuck and don't have any idea what to try next.  I am not in a position to buy a new printer at this time. 

Any help would be appreciated.

hi there,

when you trying to install your printer drivers what actual error you get ?

Mark as Helpful and Answered my replies and post if you found helpful and solved problems :)
Young Street Boy

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Philip,

Are you using the printer via WiFi or via usb cable?

Are these the drivers you downloaded  LBP6230dw Printer Driver Ver.21.45

Let me know

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi David,

I am using a local usb connection.  I discovered that the usb from the printer is 2.0 and is not compatible with new pc 3.0 usb.  I don’t know if it made a difference but I figured it couldn’t hurt so I plugged in a usb hub that was 2.0 and plugged the printer into that.  I again went to Canon and searched for the driver for my printer model and their site detected my pc is running 64 bit windows 10 and provided the driver version 21.45 as you noted so I downloaded that since I figured I had found the correct driver this time.  I turned my printer off, uninstalled all previous attempts and drivers first then did a whole new install with the new driver and to my surprise…….my system found the printer and the new driver and when I clicked on “PRINT TEST PAGE”  I was delighted to hear the sound of my printer reacting and it actually printed.

I think I am good now and I thank you very much for responding to my request for assistance and providing helpful info. 

Thanks again

Phil

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Philip,

Happy to hear that everything is working.

Take care,

David

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 26, 2020 Views 2,610 Applies to: