Graphics and Sound Problems with Windows 10

I am using a VIZIO TV as my monitor on a self-built computer. I have been using this setup for the past year and a half with no problems. With the installation of Windows 10, I only have 2 actual problems with my computer:

1. My audio wouldn't work at all, in video games, livestreams, or videos. I checked the troubleshooter and it says my peripheral is not plugged in and I should try again after plugging it in, (I am connected to the television via HDMI). I don't use speakers because the TV's built-in speakers are good enough for me, but it won't send sound through the HDMI and I have no way to plug into the audio jacks at this moment.
2. My graphics card is on-board Intel on an i5 processor, and I have been able to run most video games at high settings and watching anything never gives me any problems. With the installation, games such as Hearthstone, Minecraft, and Smite all work, but I get insane lag spikes as well as occasional crashes, rendering the game almost unplayable. Additionally, watching livestreams on Twitch.tv is like watching something in slow motion, because even at source quality, the stream can't keep up with what is happening live. I use my computer for almost everything on a day to day basis and these problems are making it difficult for me to use my computer effectively, even in just the first hour after the installation.
I have Windows installed on a 256GB SSD on C:, and my other files on a 1TB HDD on D:. The television is around 3 years old and the model is the Vizio E420VSE.

Hi Parth,

Which troubleshooter did you run?

What is the graphic card make and model?

I would suggest you to first run the Windows update to make sure that you have all the recent Windows updates and compatible drivers installed in your PC. If you haven't run the Audio troubleshooter already,run the troubleshooter from Control panel and check if the issue persists. You have also mentioned that the when playing games or watching anything, the PC lags. In this case,donwload the latest graphic card drivers from the manufacturer's webiste and check. Try these steps and let us know the results.

Cheers,
Ben.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I ran the audio troubleshooter both from the control panel, and by right clicking the volume panel on the taskbar, both times it said that "The peripheral does not appear to be plugged in. Check the connection" I think that the computer is trying to send audio through the audio port, even though it should be sending the audio through the HDMI cable alongside the video.

My graphics card is an Intel HD Graphics 4600 running with an i5 processor. I ran windows update but it only gave me an update for Windows Defender, and now it says it's up to date.

When watching videos or livestreams, the computer itself doesn't lag, but instead the stream plays in almost slow motion, and the audio is obviously not working already.
When I attempted to download the new Intel drivers from their application, it didn't find any new drivers for the hardware I have.
Finally, my newest problem is even though I can play video games at the minimum settings now, every few minutes it freezes, and then restarts with a notification that the driver stopped working and recovered.
Again, I'd like to repeat that I had none of these problems in the past. My computer is still at the same place it was and I really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Parth

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I have the same problem. I wasn't sure if it should be in the same post or separate, but here's a link to the topic:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/intel-hd-graphics-4600-no-sound-being-output/7a14250b-5f55-420d-a6f6-ecbf592e153c

Cheers!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have Vizio model E322VL and am having the same sound issue over HDMI.

Have you reported this to Vizio? As you mentioned the tv is old for today's standards.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 4, 2020 Views 1,731 Applies to: