Drive is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect

Ok I seen this posted a lot and not everyones got a fix

I upgraded to windows 10 pro after this I was locked out 2 of my drives 1 on a external drive  G the other L on scsi card but the others work on this card and so do usb ones

what I have noticed is everytime it boots I have to wait while it does a scan on g finds errors then fixs them and the same with drive L.

it boots into windows and still cannot excess the drives it just throws up parameter is incorrect

tried so far - cmd r and f it scans and finds no errors but still cant get excess,

I opended drives manager all are correct ie online

I tried deleting the drives as I had them backed up so deleted and reformatted so even with nothing on them I still cannot get excess

I have also tried changing the permissions and still cant get any further

the 2 things I have noticed is if I boot up windows 10 in safe drive everything is there and can excess the drives if I roll back to windows 7 working its only when I put full windows 10 they get scanned every start time and then cannot get excess

I can only think its something loading on the full start up stopping it and yes I did try installing win 10 with anti virus turned off just in case does any one have any ideas  

Question Info

Last updated July 23, 2019 Views 5,702 Applies to:

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “cmd r and f ” what exactly are you referring to?

I would suggest you to try the methods below and check if it help.

Method 1

A. Plug in to a different usb port and check if it helps.

B. Plug in another drive or usb flash drive on this computer and check if you are able to access the drive. 

Method 2

Connect the device, run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
  2. Click on Troubleshooting tab.
  3. Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
  4. Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
  5. Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Also, you can check if you hard drive are visible in device management type diskmgmt in the search Windows.

Try to disconnect the external hard drive and try accessing scsi card and see if you are able to open the drive.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ok the drive can be seen in disk manager and when clicking on the this pc but when you click to get to the files you get a message drive not accessible the drive is not ready

if I boot in safe mode they are there and can be accessed I have tried formatting them and still cannot excess them ,the disks are showing as online

also every startup I get a message saying drive g extra is being checked and has errors and fixing even after the format if I go back to win 7 they are all working fine run a chk disk and no errors found and works

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on the issue.

You get an error stating drive is not accessible, the parameter is incorrect. It’s indicates either hard drive corrupted or permission issue. If files are not executable, you can check for permission.

Please follow the steps below:

How to check permission for external hard drive.

1. Right click on the external hard drive and select properties.

2. Under security and make sure that the drive is not under sharing mode, it should be under your ownership.

You can also click on the sharing and check.

Please reply  us back after performing the steps. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Regards,

Ashish Sondhi

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.