Dell Inspiron 15 - 5000 keyboard settings changed by itself and will not adjust in settings (Win 10)

This is a new laptop running win 10 - a couple of days ago the keyboard quit typing, they just made a beep sound when pressed. I went to settings and changed sticky keys and got it typing again but the repeat rate for backspace delete is automatic but slow and one click at a time like. Multiple repeat spacing is the same slow rate. I have the rate set as fast as possible but there is still hesitation in the repeat. It is faster to repeatedly tap keys than to wait on the repeat rate. Again, everything is set to wide open fast. I just may have missed a modifier or something.

This also happened on my desktop the exact same day!!! What could have caused this and how can I get it back to normal....Thanks!

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Did you make any recent changes to your computer?

I would suggest you to run the hardware troubleshooter and check.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on troubleshooter.
  2.  Click view all in the left panel.
  3. Select ‘Hardware and devices’ and follow the on-screen instructions.

Also locate the  keyboard drivers from the device manager and update it.

You may also roll back the driver and check if it helps or visit the manufacturer's site and download the  keyboard driver for your laptop.

Click on the download file now link: http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=R20523&fileId=2731124793&osCode=W98&productCode=inspiron-5000&languageCode=en&categoryId=IN

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 9, 2019 Views 771 Applies to: