BtAssist1.exe Application Error- the application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)

Using Toshiba satellite L series 750 22Z on windows 10 the app will not run  Help! not able to connect bluetooth devices.........

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2019 Views 524 Applies to:

Hi Bonnie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about connect the Bluetooth device on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

1. When exactly you get the above error message?
  2. What exactly happens when you try to connect the Bluetooth device?
  3. Were you able to detect the Bluetooth device in Device Manager?

This issue might have occurred if:

• There is a previous installation of the same application on the machine and you try to install a newer version.
  • There are registry corruptions related to the application during upgrade.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan, System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Refer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Step 2: I suggest you to run Microsoft Safety Scanner which help to remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Note: Data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential for data loss.

Step 3: If your Bluetooth device cannot be enabled or is missing from Settings, it is possible that your drivers are misconfigured.

I suggest you to refer to the below post replied by Rajith R on August 29, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

My Bluetooth cannot be enabled or is missing

Hope it helps. Try the and get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information to assist you further accordingly.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.