Question

Q: Bluetooth not working properly after Creators Update

Hello to all,

After the Creators Update (I didn't install it manually, it was updated directly and automatically from Windows Update, so I believe my computer was considered eligible), the Bluetooth is not working properly.

I have a CSR Bluetooth USB dongle (USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001&REV_8891) that I bought some time ago, and a Bluetooth mouse (Logitech MX Anyware 2) that was working perfectly before the Creators Update.

After the update, even with Windows telling me the mouse is paired and connected (and a led on the mouse confirms that), there is no response whatsoever, the mouse pointer don't move when I move the mouse and any mouse click gets no response.

I know the mouse hasn't any problem, because it works perfectly fine on another Windows 10 computer I have (which was not updated with the Creators Update yet).

I even tried to remove the mouse from the "Bluetooth & others devices" list and add it again. And I had no problem on that process. The correct mouse was found and paired again. But the problem remains: the mouse is showed as paired and connected, but I get no response at all when I click the buttons or move the mouse.

The only thing that was changed on the computer was the Creators Update, and I readed somewhere an article about users with Bluetooth issues after the Creators Update install. So, what is happen here is related with that Bluetooth issues caused by the Creators Update? Is there any new update available to correct this?

Can anyone help, please?

Thank you and regards.

Answer

A:

Thank you for the update, Piotr. If your PC is up-to-date, then you might need to visit the device manufacturer's website to check if an updated version of the driver is available. You can also run the built-in automated troubleshooter to attempt to fix the issue automatically. Just go to Start > Settings > Update & Security >Troubleshoot. Under Find and fix other problems, select Bluetooth > Run the troubleshooter.

Keep us in the loop.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 4780 Last updated: December 17, 2017 Applies to: