Bluetooth mouse paired, connected but not works in Windows 10

On Windows 10 desktop, and Lenovo Win10 laptop, "Settings" shows a Bluetooth mouse as paired and connected, but mouse not works.
Install and reinstall of the mouse and Bluetooth drivers does not help.

On another Windows 10 PC this mouse works without problem.
Any ideas, dear Community?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Andrew,

To address your concern about your Bluetooth Mouse device not working on Windows 10, you can refer to the article entitled, "My Bluetooth device shows as Paired, but it isn't working. How do I fix this?" found on this link.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

17 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah, I've already check Bing and Google for everything related to this issue on Microsoft community, and around web. Your link was one of first which I've checked. I told in my first
Don't want to believe my case is unique...

But maybe somebody has some other thoughts?

Took these captures just now. Mouse not moving pointer at all.

33 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It looks a little strange which a device showing as "connected", it is not functioning.

I don't know how your Bluetooth device is configured but on my systems, I also show a Microsoft Bluetooth LE Enumerator.  The driver for that is BthLEEnum.sys. 

I would uninstall the BT Dongle and check the box to uninstall all drivers.  If there are Windows 10 drivers for it, try reloading.  I do see it shows Bluetooth 2.0.  My new system shows BT 4.2, so the device may be old enough to cause a problem. 

I will check to see if I can find any updates for that device.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having this exact same issue. The first scenario which is the most puzzling is with a Surface 3 and the BT Surface mouse. You would think all being Microsoft products, they would work without a hitch. This also happens on my HP Spectre 360 with a Logitech MX Anywhere 2 mouse in BT mode. I don't want to waste a USB port using the Logitech USB dongle, so BT would be the prefered method to connect. I can hit the Connect 2 and 3 button and it connects and works flawlessly with my wife's MacBook Air and our iMac.  I have not tried the Surface mouse with the iMac or MacBook Air, but I suspect I would have the same flawless experience as I do with my MX Anywhere. 

It's odd and yet somewhat refreshing to see a lot of other people having the same problem with Windows 10 and mice connected over BT.  Sometimes restarting the Surface or the Spectre will reconnect the mice, other times I have to unpair and re-pair the mice to get them to work. Inside of Settings > Devices as mentioned above, I see that the mice are connected yet not functioning. With the Spectre it seems to happen when the laptop goes to sleep / hibernates or when I shut the lid and then bring the computer back up.  With the Surface, there is no noticeable pattern... it just randomly decides when and when not to work.  The Surface 3 and mouse, I use at work and within a broadcast environment. My first thought was all the RF running through the building from our tower with TV and radio microwave antennas and Sprint LTE antennas as well as all the other things like STLs and such might cause interference, but I ran a bluetooth speaker for a week hooked up to the Surface and it never lost a beat. We also have no problems with BT headsets paired with phones. So it's not RF interference... Windows just seems to forget that the mouse is there and paired.  the MX Anywhere works perfectly on other devices, the Surface mouse works great when Windows allows it to, so it seems more isolated to Windows or how it handles the BT stack and maybe low energy devices.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same problem here. Surface + MS Designer mouse. Or also Surface + Logi MX Anywhere 2. And I thought it would be like Apple: buy from the same vendor and it just works - but nope. Loosing my nerve rebooting, re-pairing, reconnecting...

11 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

OK this is how I fixed my problem in Windows 10 Boot Camp on MacBook Pro 2016. Apple Magic Mouse recognized, paired but kept disconnecting almost immediately if it connected at all. The problem was related to the Power Management under Bluetooth Radio, Properties in Device Manager. I had to uncheck 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power'.  This has worked for me I'm relieved to say :)

131 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If all the rest did not work for you, then simply replace batteries in the mouse. They are weak.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Andrew

Did you find solution eventually?

I am having also Lenovo with windows 10. Same story: mouse connected but do not wo.

Thanks,

Lola

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Worked through this today where my Arc Touch SE shows as connected but listed under 'Other devices' and not as a 'mouse' so it didn't work.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Performing a clean boot, was the only thing that worked. Rebooted, mouse back as a mouse, then reconfigured all services back in, reboot again then voila - Mouse still working as a mouse.

No idea what the issue was, but a clean boot worked for me!

Hope this helps! Seems to be a common issue!

Mike

13 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issue. It solved for now (it may happen again) when I turned off bluetooth in my laptop and turned back on. Mine is Surface pro4 + microsoft bluetooth mouse.

75 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 147,660 Applies to: