Bluetooth Keyboard Pairing issue?

Recently I unpaired my Bluetooth keyboard (Something I will never do again)

When I attempted to pair it again with the computer I did exactly what I always do when pairing my Bluetooth devices, Settings, add Bluetooth device, put my keyboard in pairing mode and select it on the available devices, it gave me a Bluetooth pairing pin it generates. At this point i left my computer for whatever reason and so did not enter the pin nor take note of this pin.

Now when I try to pair this keyboard it sees the keyboard fine, shows it available to pair. I click on the keyboard to pair and it asks for the pin. I have tried to guess the pin, but not only do I not know the pin but also cannot even enter the password/pin because its not paired. I have to use the keyboard wired to enter any input to the box, but of course I don't know it so I cant connect.

Is there anyway to reset this pin or turn of Bluetooth pairing pins so I can completely restart the pairing process? I have already told the computer to forget the keyboard to try and restart the pairing process but it does not give me a new pin.

So frustrating! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I used to consider myself tech savvy, this is completely undermining me.

Keyboard is Drevo Calibur.

Question Info

Last updated October 16, 2019 Views 10,825 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

If you just unpaired your Bluetooth keyboard, there should be no problem the next time you connect it again. However, we suggest that you check this article and see if it'll help to resolve your concern. There's a list of questions that has an answer on the said article.

We'll be looking forward to your feedback.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This still didn't solve my problem as I cannot still enter my PIN as the keyboard won't input anything

Sorry this didn't help.

This is happening to me too. After the creative update, I stupidly unpaired my keyboard and mouse and instead of automatically scanning for new devices in the Bluetooth settings screen I have to "Add a device" and it'll start searching.

When it finds my mouse and keyboard I try to pair with it and it will ask me for a PIN. This is not how it should work! Why was this overlooked. It should be showing me a pairing pin to type in my keyboard and it should automatically pair with my mouse without a PIN. Mice do not have bluetooth PINS!!

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate your response. However, have you tried to use the built in  or the on-screen keyboard of the device to input the PIN? Can you provide us a screenshot of where the PIN should be placed?

We're looking forward to your response.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It's really odd to have a concern with connecting your Bluetooth keyboard after an update. However, we would like to know if you have tried the steps on the article that I've provided to the original poster. If yes, what is the result?

We're looking forward to your response.

Sorry this didn't help.

All the steps have been tried.. there shouldn't be a PIN at all for mice

4 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

It's been a while since you posted your concern. Are you still having trouble with connecting your devices? We also suggest checking the documentation of the device for instructions on how to properly set-up the device.

Looking forward to your response.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having the same issue my Bluetooth keyboard requires a pin to enter and it's not working

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Artan,

You may check out this thread and see if the solution provided rectifies the issue at hand.

Let us know if we can help you any further.

Sorry this didn't help.

I wound up with the same issue and like you found out that Microsoft's AI helper was USELESS. So I got frustrated and just started button mashing. All of the sudden my keyboard paired. Several more experiments led me to find that this worked for my particular keyboard. (I am trying to pair an old ILUV ipad keyboard that came from an old case I had so there's no support for the device because that company is defunct). 

For this to work you at least need an onboard keyboard. So...enter any random sequence of numbers first on thePC in the "enter PIN" line from the snapshot above and then click connect. Then within 45-60 seconds enter that same sequence on the wireless unit that you are trying to pair. So you are essentially generating a PIN with the PC and then re-entering it on the wireless unit. When you enter the PIN with the wireless keyboard it will not show up anywhere on the PC, but in 2-3 seconds your wireless keyboard should pair (provided that the keyboard works the same as mine). 

Hope that works and to the Microsoft folks...thanks for not understanding our problem and then doing absolutely nothing to figure it out.  

107 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.