Audio streaming over bluetooth not working on Windows 10

I upgraded from windows 8 to windows 10. Previously I was able to stream audio over Bluetooth from my android phone to my laptop. After I upgraded to windows 10, it said that my previous Bluetooth driver was uninstalled because it was not supported and installed new Bluetooth driver through windows update. After that, there is no facility to stream audio from my phone to my laptop. I connect my phone to pc, go to Control Panel->View Hardware and Sound Devices->Nexus 5->Properties->Services. Only Remote Control and MMS/SMS are listed there. No audio related service. How to fix this? Is this a limitation in windows 10?

P.S. - I have tried to update Bluetooth driver from device manager but it shows that driver is up to date. Sony has not released any Bluetooth driver for windows 10.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2019 Views 7,574 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi Nikhil,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

1. I would suggest you to roll back the driver from the device manager and check if it fixes the issue or uninstall and reinstall it again.

If the issue persist, run the hardware and device troubleshooter and check.

2. I would suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.
b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.
c. Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices".
d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

3. Check the Windows updates for any latest driver updates again.

Sometimes new updates fixes it.

Check in Windows updates if any driver updates are available. If so, install the same and check if it helps.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys from the keyboard.

b)       Type “Updates” in the search bar and click on the icon “Windows Update” from the search result.

c)       On the “Windows Update” window, click on the link: “Check for updates” from the left hand side of the window to receive a fresh list of updates.

d)       If the updates are available, then install all the updates listed there.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no windows update available. And there is no option to roll back driver.

Sorry this didn't help.

I've had this issue since last year. I had it working on windows 7 and played music every day. As soon as I updated to Windows 10 it no longer worked. My phone shows "Last paired on (Date)" while windows shows the device is currently connected. Also I can send files via Bluetooth so I know they are paired correctly. When i click "connect" from the 'Notifications" screen, Windows says it is searching for wireless display and audio devices but finds none.

I've been all over the web and there are hundreds of posts for this issue. I have an Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7260 with Bluetooth and a Laptop with a Broadcom Bluetooth adapter. Both have the latest drivers. Both have the exact same issue. There are people on Intel forums that think its their driver issue. There are also hundreds of posts on the web that say its a Windows 10 issue. There are a lot of people that say its because Windows 10 does not support A2DP SINK.

All I've seen reps from either company post is instructions about how to re-pair the devices, reinstall drivers, or run hardware troubleshooting. Pretty much all the basic stuff everyone has already tried. I'm pretty sure this is a software, driver, or Bluetooth profile issue at this point.

When comparing a window 7 device properties it shows this in Windows 7:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/MT8am.png

and this in Windows 10:

http://imgur.com/hEK7zK4.png

Clearly there are no audio services listed for the devices anymore in Windows 10.

I hope someone figures it out eventually.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Did that, as of 5/10/2016 that still doesn't help and in fact no longer get even the connect popup.

THIS SEEMS CONNECTED WITH THE LACK OF A "STEREO MIX" DEVICE IN SOUND RECORD PROPERTIES - ENABLING AND SELECTING THIS IS NECESSARY FOR THE A2DP SINK TO WORK IN WINDOWS 7 AND 8.1, BUT NO SUCH CAPABILITY EXISTS IN WINDOWS 10. WHY CAN'T MS GET THIS RIGHT?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

The issue might occur due to incompatibility, non-updated or corrupted Bluetooth device drivers installed on the computer.

Please reply, have you tried updating the Bluetooth drivers?

If haven’t tried, update the Bluetooth drivers from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select Device Manager from the context menu.
  2. Expand Bluetooth driver options, right click on the driver and select Update this software option from the context menu.
  3. Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.
  4. After the update is complete, close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible Bluetooth drivers from the manufacturer’s website on the computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the Bluetooth issue experienced on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Personally I've updated my drivers from manufacturer 3 times since I got windows 10 in Dec. And still having the issue. I'll try again just to be sure.

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

After checking write to us with the status of the Bluetooth driver issue for further assistance, we will be happy to help you.

Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep same issue after updating driver first from Microsoft automatic update, then the manufacturer. It's not that the BT cant connect. I can transfer a file just fine from PC to phone. It wont stream audio because the audio services for bluetooth present in Windows 7 just aren't there in windows 10 as linked in my screen shots above. Its the same Intel PRO wireless/BT software from the same intel website that I got my Windows 7 driver from. Just the Win 10 version instead. Ill put the links to the screen shot comparison down again.

Windows 7 working BT audio: http://i.stack.imgur.com/MT8am.png

Windows 10 not working to play audio: http://imgur.com/hEK7zK4.png

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

You may be facing the above issue due to the Bluetooth services disabled or not set as Running and Automatic on the PC.

Follow the steps below and check if the Bluetooth Support Service is set to Automatic and Running under Startup Type and Status.

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Service and select the top most search result.
  2. From the window, check if Bluetooth Support Service is set to Automatic and Running under Startup Type and Status. If not, double click on the service and change to Automatic and Running under Startup Type and Status.
  3. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the Bluetooth issue experienced on the PC for further assistance. Your reply is important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

just reinstall your Bluetooth drivers.reinstall only that drivers that came with your laptop.i have also same problem since couples of month.i have iPhone 5s and when i try to connect as audio devices nothing happen.window does not recognize my iPhone..but recently i reinstall my Bluetooth drivers and all working good.now i able to play songs through my laptop speakers using iPhone.

note:don't remove the previous drivers.when you reinstall the drivers click on repair not om remove

manpreet singh

Sorry this didn't help.