ASUS TRANSFORMER BOOK T100TAF Wireless Adaptor Failed To Start with error 10...

My  Asus Transformer Book t100taf Wireless Adapter is a Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO adapter fails to install while using Asus wireless Driver with an error of  "10" . it also has an exclamation point where the Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO adapter is listed.I am using my external wireless adapter to which i originally got to connect a desktop PC runing Windows XP to the internet (i retired that pc from every day use, and when i use it, i stay clear away from the internet) to connect my 10.1 inch ASUS Tablet running Windows 8.1 to the dang internet to post this question. I do not know how much longer my external usb wireless adapter is going to work, as it is already 3 years old...

ALSO OCCURS ON WINDOWS 10

** Update

I have sent it into ASUS RMA, and had it fixed.. the whole mother board was replaced because the Wifi adapter was soldered on...

~Austin Tyler Ermis~

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Answers and providing us with the detailed description about the issue along with the screenshots which will help us in providing you with the targeted assistance.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with Asus Transformer Book T100TAF Wireless Adaptor failed to start with error “10” in the computer.

I understand how frustrating it could be when things do not work as expected. Please do not worry I will try my best to resolve it.

There issue might have occurred due to some kind of unspecified driver or device problem.

I would suggest you to refer to the steps in the Microsoft Help article given below and check if it helps.

Fix: “This device cannot start” Code 10 error in Device Manager in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/943104

Important: The steps mentioned in the above article are valid for Windows 8.1 computers as well.

Note: The above article contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Regards
Jayant Gupta - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

also, should i attempt to reinstall the drivers with older versions

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Tyler,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

Please let us know the results after performing the troubleshooting steps provided by me in my last post.

Yes, you can try to reinstall the drivers from the older versions and check if it helps.

Please feel free to write back to us, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards
Jayant Gupta - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Still no avail

having no luck here. can't install older drivers because it auto installs the latest from Win10 even when disconnected from internet. I am too using an external adapter for the time being. Currently on latest Broadcom SDIO driver from AsusT100TAF support site. 

I can get to the point where i can see the networks. Every time i try to connect the internal adaptor seems to shut itself down. leaving me with no Wifi options only Airplane mode. (Until i repeat the installation steps or remove the device and restart)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I used Asus's RMA service, and had it repaired. Mine got shiped out to California. They needed to replace my Motherboard. Since, everything works just fine...

I needed to send t back. The only way to fix it was to replace my motherboard because the SDIO chip was soldiered on the board. thanks for your help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have no external wifi connection device. So i am unable to connect to the internet with my  asus tablet. I have tried to do a system restore, but the tablet doesnt have a restart point as it has never been setup. I followed your direcrions and follow all possible steps in your previous post. Im at a loss.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 1, 2023 Views 6,683 Applies to: